Thread: Can't connect to mail server

Default Can't connect to mail server

Just did a fresh install of ZD on a fresh install of Kubuntu 9.04 w/kde 4.2.4. Looked like it installed as it always does but fails to connect to any mail servers. Just returns an error that it can't connect.

Then I decided to try our Zimbra server. Can't find that either.
    Code:
    "http://mail.myserver.org/service/soap/" host not found. Please check hostname and network connectivity.
    Then I inserted the IP address, ZD opens but no email. I then went back to the Account Setup and saw this error:
    Code:
    Failure communicating with remote server. Please try again later.  (debug info)

Debug message: invalid request: unable to modify attr: zimbraCreateTimestamp

Exception:

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: invalid request: unable to modify attr: zimbraCreateTimestamp
    ExceptionId:sync-timer-dir:1247314525648:09aa87906c7e9c8d
    Code:service.INVALID_REQUEST
    	at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.INVALID_REQUEST(ServiceException.java:260)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning.validateIdentityAttrs(OfflineProvisioning.java:1635)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.OfflineProvisioning.modifyIdentity(OfflineProvisioning.java:1715)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.DirectorySync.syncIdentity(DirectorySync.java:355)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.DirectorySync.syncAccount(DirectorySync.java:236)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.DirectorySync.sync(DirectorySync.java:175)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.DirectorySync.syncAllAccounts(DirectorySync.java:137)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.DirectorySync.access$000(DirectorySync.java:55)
    	at com.zimbra.cs.account.offline.DirectorySync$1.run(DirectorySync.java:70)
    	at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    	at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

If issue persists please post description and debug information here (link).
    I then clicked on the "here" link and it opened a new Prism window with this error:
    Code:
    www.zimbra.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.
    Please advise

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Well, to me those errors appear to be either a DNS problem or an outbound firewall problem - try pinging the servers that you're trying to connect to and post the results.

This post should not have been attached to a thread marked a Solved and for which it appears to have no relationship to that problem, I'll move it into a new thread.
    Last edited by phoenix; 08-26-2009 at 10:36 AM.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.