Thread: desktop wont start after install

Default desktop wont start after install

I started to use zimbra desktop on the pc's in a school. The teachers have been using the web interface but we thought it would be better to use an app just for zimbra. All computers are xp pro corp edition and all belong to a domain that they log into. Install has gone fine for a few of the users but I ran into 2 different machines where the install goes as expected, I can create an account but it never launches the desktop. The startup screen will just stay on the desktop forever if I let it. I stop and restart the service with no luck. I tried to reinstall twice with no luck. Now the teachers are leary about letting us install it anywhere else if it wont even start up. Any ideas where to look?
    thanks
    Bill

Please zip and attach log/zdesktop.log. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bbarrons View Post
    I started to use zimbra desktop on the pc's in a school. The teachers have been using the web interface but we thought it would be better to use an app just for zimbra. All computers are xp pro corp edition and all belong to a domain that they log into. Install has gone fine for a few of the users but I ran into 2 different machines where the install goes as expected, I can create an account but it never launches the desktop. The startup screen will just stay on the desktop forever if I let it. I stop and restart the service with no luck. I tried to reinstall twice with no luck. Now the teachers are leary about letting us install it anywhere else if it wont even start up. Any ideas where to look?
    thanks
    Bill

I uninstalled and reinstalled in a different directory so that I had a clean log file. I also tried to install on anothe computer in the lab for a test. all pc's are differnt units but all have the same config. They all belong to a domain, all have macaffee and cybersitter installed as well as office products.
    I looked at the log but I have nothing to compare to to see if what i have is right or wrong. here is the attached log file
    Attached Files Attached Files

I tried to disable some services and then start with no luck. I had figured all along that cybersitter might be the problem but I wasnt able to get zimbra started even after I stopped the cybersitter service. It wasnt until I uninstalled cybersitter and rebooted that I was able to get desktop to start. I am assuming it has something to do with localhost. any ideas?

the log shows everything works fine.

zd does require zdclient.exe (a web browser) to access 127.0.0.1:7633. maybe your security software blocks that. anyway to unblock it? (create exceptions in "cybersitter" config.)

Quote Originally Posted by bbarrons View Post
    I tried to disable some services and then start with no luck. I had figured all along that cybersitter might be the problem but I wasnt able to get zimbra started even after I stopped the cybersitter service. It wasnt until I uninstalled cybersitter and rebooted that I was able to get desktop to start. I am assuming it has something to do with localhost. any ideas?

thanks Jim for looking at the log. Yes, I think it is a cyber sitter problem also and now I have to see if I can make an exception rule for it to allow zimbra to start. I have no problems running the web interface, just the desktop.
    Bill

have the same problem but the web interface and dont have cybersitter. no logs are even created help ??