Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Problem starting

Quote Originally Posted by prefab View Post
    a bug was already logged for mozilla-labs-prism at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=492110.

Please take a look and vote for this bug. Thanks.
    Yes I saw that bug report too. I did as you asked and added a comment and voted on it. Judging by the low reply rate I don't think it will be assigned any time soon but it's worth a try. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. I tried creating apps in Prism but I don't like the lack of Firefox functionality at all. I'd much prefer to use FF. The main advantage of Zimbra is that I can have multiple Yahoo accounts open at the same time without having to log in at all and page updating is much faster, plus there is much more functionality than the web version.

I have client that the same thing was happening. However, no I don't know about the iTunes, maybe they did do an update. Anyway, I renamed the ZD and reinstalled the ZD1 and it came up just fine.

However, I still have to figure out how to get her old emails and docs out of the old directory. Anyone with any ideas how to do that? I have tried copying the store and db directories and that didn't work ......
    Robert Canary
    OCDirect Electrical-Datacomm

for zd 1, you need to first stop zd by right-clicking on tray icon, then click "Shutdown Service".

copying over derby, store and index folders from old directory.

launch zd.

Quote Originally Posted by rwcanary View Post
    I have client that the same thing was happening. However, no I don't know about the iTunes, maybe they did do an update. Anyway, I renamed the ZD and reinstalled the ZD1 and it came up just fine.

However, I still have to figure out how to get her old emails and docs out of the old directory. Anyone with any ideas how to do that? I have tried copying the store and db directories and that didn't work ......

Default False hope...

Quote Originally Posted by rwcanary View Post
    I have client that the same thing was happening. However, no I don't know about the iTunes ...
    If you are running XP, ZD and iTunes 9.x, reinstalling-renaming will not solve the 3-icon starting issue.
    If it worked for you there was another cause. Cheers.

I have been suffering from this annoying problem for a very long time, and the same problem was experienced even in Zimbra Desktop 2.0 Beta1 (I had uninstalled version 1 first).

Eventually I downgraded back to version 1.0.4 build 1833, and then also downloaded the latest iTunes (I now have iTunes 9.1.0.79), then disabled every option I could find in iTunes about communicating with iPod and tray icon, started Zimbra Desktop again - suddenly everything works!! the Zimbra Desktop toaster/tray-icon appeared! woohoo!

Worth a try for everybody else experiencing the same problem

I lost the ZD battle, and ultimately the $1200 month client. It simple was to unstable for the load they were using it for within their organization. So I conceeded the sale and spent another 120 man hours restoring the MS Exchange system and all 75 PC MS mail apps. Later we put it back under the gizes we had a prototype code we wanted to try. That elevated the harrassing calls for about 30 days, while we got the syning to finally stablize. Ill never offer ZD to any of my clients agian.

They were continuely having issues, with syning and file uploads. The main issue was they had no idea what was happening, ZD would just set there forever, with no indication it was actually uploading the 80 meg files. Trying to do a reset on ZD and resync everyones ZD was simply a nightmare. The back ups are absolutely no good.
    Robert Canary
    OCDirect Electrical-Datacomm

Quote Originally Posted by godpa View Post
    downloaded the latest iTunes (I now have iTunes 9.1.0.79), then disabled every option I could find in iTunes about communicating with iPod and tray icon, started Zimbra Desktop again - suddenly everything works!! the Zimbra Desktop toaster/tray-icon appeared! woohoo!
    Yes, installing iTunes 9.1.x fixes the problem !
    I have not changed any settings and the Zimbra tray icon just reappeared ! Good News

Default Step-by-step fix

So to apply the trayicon workaround (which works for me! ):

Locate the file webapp.ini in your Zimbra installation.

If you installed in the default location on a C: drive, it will be in the folder
    "C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra\zdesktop\zdesktop.webapp"
    where [user] is the user's name.
    Otherwise, use "Search" on webapp.ini to get there (the older Windows Companion option may work better). Or you could right-click on the app in the Start Bar, select Properties, push "Find Target", then go up two levels to see the parent folder "zdesktop.webapp" listed. Open that to find webapp.ini.

Make a copy of the file, then use a text editor (even Notepad, though it formats it poorly) on the original to change "trayicon=true" to "trayicon=false".

Thank you to the contributors here. (But why a blue multi-? smiley against the most useful line in the thread? I missed it first time!)

Quote Originally Posted by David Powell View Post
    So to apply the trayicon workaround (which works for me! ):
    Hi David, if iTunes is installed on your machine you should upgrade it to the latest version (9.1.x) as that fixes the 3 red icons bug. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by prefab View Post
    Hi David, if iTunes is installed on your machine you should upgrade it to the latest version (9.1.x) as that fixes the 3 red icons bug. Cheers.
    Thanks, prefab. In my case, however, it must have been something else, or something additional. I forgot to state that I'd upgraded to the latest iTunes (9.1.1) as a first step.