Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zimbra Desktop won't run

This is surely losing Zimbra customers? You'd think they'd keep people updated on such a big issue

Thumbs down Yes, they must be losing cutomers....

I've been checking back regularly to see if problem resolved but no dice....
    I wanted to move from using Outlook to Zimbra Desktop before I update my PC with Windows 7 (been using Windows XP Pro). Reluctantly migrated everything to gmail etc and am finding I like it pretty well. Bah Bye Zimbra... Never got to try you out but not going to put any more time into it... Bah Bye...

Default Experiencing same issue

I'm having the same issue. WinXP Pro SP3, ran through the whole thing in the thread, couldn't get the desktop to start.

Default Same problem

I have a Windows XP computer with service pack 3 and the Zimbra Desktop 1.0.3 client just stopped working one day. I have tried uninstalling with removing the data and deleting the C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Zimbra folder. Rebooting. Uninstalling everything having to do with Java, rebooting and reinstalling the new Java and redownloading a new copy of the Zimbra Desktop rebooting then reinstalling Zimbra Desktop and no joy.

Default Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by RyanStanikk View Post
    Mine has the same issue, but when entering the URL into Firefox it says Unauthorised Access. I have never used this program before, does that have anything to do with it?
    I had the same problem. Re-start the Yahoo Zimbra Desktop service as per jmhe's instructions:

control panel->administrative tools->services->Yahoo Zimbra Desktop
    Select "restart service"

Then try to enter the URL again. After that, it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jmhe View Post
    it's an issue with prism. we've got a few posts about prism stops working on windows. we are looking into this...
    I am facing the same issue on Fedora 7. I am able to access it through browser by copying the URI. But launching zdesktop does not work. I only see the 3 flashing icons and finally it says "Unable to connect to zimbra server". I checked the logs and there are no error. If this is a prism issue, then what is the resolution. Is there an older release that does not have this problem?

I am able to get it working on my Windows XP though. My work environment is Linux. I just switched my mail account from Exchange to Zimbra server. So I want to get this up and running asap.

This is my error console
    Error: this.docShell is null
    Source File: chrome://global/content/bindings/browser.xml
    Line: 0
    Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80540006 [nsIApplicationIcon.show]" nsresult: "0x80540006 (<unknown>)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://webrunner/content/webrunner.js :: anonymous :: line 687" data: no]

Default Tempus fugit, non autem memoria...

Hi, I am checking back on the status of this bug (Desktop never starts - 3 red symbols forever), after having reported it here more than 4 months ago.
    I can see that not much has been happening. For those of you stuck with ZD here are some workarounds to this bug:

1) in the file <installation directory>\Zimbra\zdesktop\zdesktop.webapp\webapp. ini
    change "navigation=false" to "navigation=true";
    when the 3 red icons appear press ALT and HOME keys simultaneously.

2) in the file <installation directory>\Zimbra\zdesktop\zdesktop.webapp\webapp. ini
    change "trayicon=true" to "trayicon=false";
    stop / start ZD.

3) in the file <installation directory>\Zimbra\zdesktop\zdesktop.webapp\webapp. ini
    copy the value of uri (http://127.0.0.1:7633/desktop/login....5678-1234-1234...) and paste it on your browser.

4) on almost all systems (1 exception) where I have seen it, this bug appeared after upgrading iTunes from 8.x to 9.x.
    Downgrading to 8.x or un-installing iTunes fixes the bug.

Hope this helps someone... See you in 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by rkannan_82 View Post
    I am facing the same issue on Fedora 7. I am able to access it through browser by copying the URI. But launching zdesktop does not work. I only see the 3 flashing icons and finally it says "Unable to connect to zimbra server". I checked the logs and there are no error. If this is a prism issue, then what is the resolution. Is there an older release that does not have this problem?

I am able to get it working on my Windows XP though. My work environment is Linux. I just switched my mail account from Exchange to Zimbra server. So I want to get this up and running asap.
    zdesktop does not work on a fresh fedora 12 installation either. Here are the logs:
    Code:
    2010-01-17 17:47:35,589 INFO  [main] [] log - No Transaction manager found - if your webapp requires one, please configure one.
    2010-01-17 17:47:35,872 INFO  [main] [] log - Opened /home/kannan/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty/logs/access_log.2010-01-17
    2010-01-17 17:47:35,920 WARN  [service-port-ping] [] offline - service port check failed; will retry in 5 seconds
    com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapParseException: cannot determine soap protocol in reply: <html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"/><title>Error 404 NOT_FOUND</title></head><body><h2>HTTP ERROR: 404</h2><pre>NOT_FOUND</pre><p>RequestURI=/service/admin/soap/</p></body></html>
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyElement(SoapTransport.java:249)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResponse(SoapTransport.java:227)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:295)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:230)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTransport.java:318)
            at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invokeWithoutSession(SoapTransport.java:305)
            at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineSyncManager.confirmServiceOpen(OfflineSyncManager.java:586)
            at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineSyncManager.access$300(OfflineSyncManager.java:53)
            at com.zimbra.cs.offline.OfflineSyncManager$1.run(OfflineSyncManager.java:561)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2010-01-17 17:47:35,922 INFO  [main] [] log - Started SelectChannelConnector@127.0.0.1:7633
    2010-01-17 17:47:40,947 INFO  [service-port-ping] [] offline - service port is ready.

Default Removing iTunes solved the problem

Another Windows XP guy here with the "three logo" problem. I tried restarting the service but that didn't help. But I uninstalled iTunes and that did solve the problem and I'm back in business. Thanks very much for the tip!

I don't use iTunes, so no great loss. If there are any diagnostics that might be helpful, let me know, but otherwise I'm back to emailing!

Brian