Thread: Won't Install Mac OS X

Hybrid View

Default Won't Install Mac OS X

Zimbra Mac OSX install keeps asking for Administrator password. I am the admin and I do not use a password, but when I don't enter a password and hit enter it comes back with an incorrect password message so I can't even get past that point. Very frustrating as I would really like to use Zimbra.

We are using native Mac OS X installer in ZD2 (no longer using a custom installer we had for ZD1). So the part that asking admin password is a standard procedure from Mac installer - whenever an application is being installed under /Applications folder. You could run into the same problem when installing other applications.

The workaround is that you at least give a temporary password for your admin account.

Quote Originally Posted by rossrobt View Post
    Zimbra Mac OSX install keeps asking for Administrator password. I am the admin and I do not use a password, but when I don't enter a password and hit enter it comes back with an incorrect password message so I can't even get past that point. Very frustrating as I would really like to use Zimbra.

I ran into the same problem when I was doing a proof of concept test yesterday, as soon as I actually put a password in place it worked fine.

I do, however, highly recommend that you use a password for your system, it's a good habit to get used to, these type of security frameworks are not going to go away and you are exposing yourself to unnecessary harm