Thread: zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText attribute mismatch

Unhappy zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText attribute mismatch

Hello all,

I installed Zimbra server earlier today to a cleanly built Ubuntu 8.04 LTS server (x86). My release is "Release 6.0.6_GA_2324.UBUNTU8 UBUNTU8 FOSS edition".

The installation went fine. I created some accounts and I can use them with the web interface without any problems.

Then I downloaded the latest Zimbra Desktop client. When I try to configure/connect to my account, I am getting this error message on the Zimbra Desktop client ...

account.INVALID_ATTR_VALUE: zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText must be one of: includeAsAttachment,includeBody,includeBodyWithPre fix,includeBodyAndHeadersWithPrefix
    I did some digging around the forums and found how I could check the attributes for a user account on the server. This is what I found for one of my users ...

zimbra@zimbrasrv01:~/bin$ ./zmprov ga steve@zimbrasrv01.kch.local | grep zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText
    zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText: includeBodyAndHeaders
    So I guess I understand the problem. The client expects to find a value that the server is not providing. But I *just* installed all of this using the latest available stuff. Why wouldn't these two talk to each other "out of the box"?

Is there a configuration change I need to make somewhere for the current accounts ... and then in another place for future accounts?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me,
    -Steve Ballantyne

Using desktop 1.0 or 2.0? ZD1.0 is based on ZCS5.0; for situations like that thought we had some logic to either use the default value, and it's an optional attribute anyways so we shouldn't be halting sync - guess we'll have to bug that. For now:

If your a user change the settings for reply/forward via your preferences tab.

If your the server admin run:
    Code:
    zmprov ma user@domain.com  zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText includeBody
    zmprov ma user@domain.com  zimbraPrefReplyIncludeOriginalText includeBody
    To fix it for an entire COS:
    Code:
    zmprov mc default zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText   includeBody
    zmprov mc defualt zimbraPrefReplyIncludeOriginalText  includeBody
    5.0.23:
    <attr id="133" name="zimbraPrefReplyIncludeOriginalText" type="enum" value="includeAsAttachment,includeBody,includeBody WithPrefix,includeNone,includeSmart,includeBodyAnd HeadersWithPrefix" cardinality="single" optionalIn="account,cos,identity" flags="accountInherited,domainAdminModifiable">
    <defaultCOSValue>includeBody</defaultCOSValue>

<attr id="134" name="zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText" type="enum" value="includeAsAttachment,includeBody,includeBody WithPrefix,includeBodyAndHeadersWithPrefix" cardinality="single" optionalIn="account,cos,identity" flags="accountInherited,domainAdminModifiable">
    6.0.5:
    <attr id="133" name="zimbraPrefReplyIncludeOriginalText" type="enum" value="includeAsAttachment,includeBody,includeBody WithPrefix,includeNone,includeSmart,includeBodyAnd HeadersWithPrefix" cardinality="single" optionalIn="account,cos,identity" flags="accountInherited,domainAdminModifiable">

<attr id="134" name="zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText" type="enum" value="includeAsAttachment,includeBody,includeBody WithPrefix,includeBodyAndHeadersWithPrefix" cardinality="single" optionalIn="account,cos,identity" flags="accountInherited,domainAdminModifiable">
    6.0.6:
    <attr id="134" name="zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText" type="enum" value="includeAsAttachment,includeBody,includeBody WithPrefix,includeBodyAndHeadersWithPrefix,include BodyAndHeaders,includeBodyOnly" cardinality="single" optionalIn="account,cos,identity" flags="accountInherited,domainAdminModifiable">
    <defaultCOSValue>includeBodyAndHeaders</defaultCOSValue>

<attr id="134" name="zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText" type="enum" value="includeAsAttachment,includeBody,includeBody WithPrefix,includeBodyAndHeadersWithPrefix,include BodyAndHeaders,includeBodyOnly" cardinality="single" optionalIn="account,cos,identity" flags="accountInherited,domainAdminModifiable">
    Last edited by mmorse; 04-30-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Hello Mike,

The BETA seems to work fine. And it looks pretty good too! Thanks for the heads up and for opening up the bug-track. I will continue our evaluation of the product.

Thanks again,
    -Steve Ballantyne

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    Using desktop 1.0 or 2.0? ZD1.0 is based on ZCS5.0; for situations like that thought we had some logic to either use the default value, and it's an optional attribute anyways so we shouldn't be halting sync - guess we'll have to bug that. For now:

If your a user change the settings for reply/forward via your preferences tab.

If your the server admin run:
    Code:
    zmprov ma user@domain.com  zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText includeBody
    zmprov ma user@domain.com  zimbraPrefReplyIncludeOriginalText includeBody
    To fix it for an entire COS:
    Code:
    zmprov mc default zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText   includeBody
    zmprov mc defualt zimbraPrefReplyIncludeOriginalText  includeBody
    5.0.23:
    6.0.5:6.0.6:
    hello mmorse, i' m a beta user but passionned one
    i have the similar probelm, let me explain you
    i hace zimbra opensource 6.0.6 installed and worked fine, i download the zdesktop 2.0 beta, i tried to configure an account , i recieve this error message:
    account.INVALID_ATTR_VALUE: zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText must be one of: includeAsAttachment,includeBody,includeBodyWithPre fix,includeBodyAndHeadersWithPrefix
    i followed the instructions to change the attribute for individual user and for the default cos and particular class ,as indicated on the pages but nothing changed still have the error message
    do you hav idea to fix this, i also tried with desktop version 1, same probelm.
    thks
    question: how to display attribute lke for attribute 134?
    sami

Default Running the entire COS fix in 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    Hi Mike,
    Fairly new to Zimbra builds. To run your suggested 'entire COS fix in 6.06 at the terminal do I enter the code: + the :Quote together? e.g

zmprov mc default zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText includeBody

Cheers Dave