Thread: Where is the source for ZDesktop?

Hybrid View

Default Where is the source for ZDesktop?

I read all of the FAQs and want to try doing a build for PPC Macs. The HOWTO is very straightforward (below), but the part where it says to download the source does not say where that might be hidden. I could not find it on the Community Edition pages or on the ZDesktop download page. Anyone know where it lives?

Thanks

JEH

Building Zimbra Desktop on Macintosh (OS 10.4.6+)

0) if you have installed Zimbra Desktop binary builds, make sure you shutdown the GUI and the background service before proceeding.
    1) install jdk 1.5 and ant 1.7
    2) download zimbra source
    3) cd into ZimbraOffline
    4) run 'ant offline-reset-the-world'
    5) at the end of a successful build, zimbra desktop dev build will be running
    6) point browser to http://localhost:7633/desktop/login.jsp

I found some year-old stuff about downloading via perforce, but none of it seems to work, and I have no clue what it is all about. Is there some straightforward way to just download a tarball or something?

JEH

Building Zimbra using Perforce - Zimbra :: Wiki
    codes.zimbra.com:2666 public/public1234 (then usually public-view for the workspace)

Tarballs: http://sourceforge.net/projects/zimbracommunity/files/

ZimbraOffline is the name of the dir for Desktop specific things.

Thanks. The wiki entry on building from source with Perforce is the one I referred to earlier, but I can't get it to work as they describe (disclaimer: I have never run into Perforce before in my 50 years of mucking about with computers, so I am probably just doing something wrong...). The sourceforge site does not seem to have anything for ZD, only for ZCS. Seems as if the source ought to be somewhere that is a little easier to get at, but I am stumped.

JEH

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarlow View Post
    Thanks. The wiki entry on building from source with Perforce is the one I referred to earlier, but I can't get it to work as they describe (disclaimer: I have never run into Perforce before in my 50 years of mucking about with computers, so I am probably just doing something wrong...). The sourceforge site does not seem to have anything for ZD, only for ZCS. Seems as if the source ought to be somewhere that is a little easier to get at, but I am stumped.

JEH
    I am really lost here. When I try to mkdir -p /home/public/p4/ it always gives me an I/O error, even as root:

mkdir: /home/public: Input/output error

I tried just running it without first creating the directory, but it complains that there is no such branch:

$ ./p4 -u public -P public1234 -c public-view sync -f //depot/zcs/BRANCH/...
    //depot/zcs/BRANCH/... - no such file(s).
    $

I know that my abysmal ignorance is showing, but we are not all software gurus. Clearly there is more to this than the wiki says. Is there a "building zd for Dummies" guide somewhere?

Thanks

JEH

The zd source is inside the source for zcs (much of the codebase between the two products is shared).

https://sourceforge.net/projects/zim...c.tgz/download

If going the perforce route - have to ask... are you actually replacing the word 'BRANCH' with 'main' 'GNR' or 'GNR-607'?

Also note: The above directions you pasted creates a dev instance (which is a fine route) but just FYI to make an installer I believe it's ./buildZCS.sh -d from inside the ZimbraBuild folder (see the root level README file).