OS X 10.5.8

In April of this year, I posted in this forum that Beta 2 could not find the desktop server. That post is located here: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...tml#post181127.

There were no replies.

Thought I'd give Beta 4 a try. It's a no go too. What's interesting to me is, I had installed a version (unknown which build at this date) that did work. But I went back to 1.04, which I'm still using, but probably not much longer.

I did a reinstall, same result. No log file is created that I can find.

When I attempt to run Zimbra, the first thing that happens is I get an Unresponsive Script message, saying it may be busy or stopped responding. The script appears to be file:///Applications/Zimbra%20Desktop/macos/prisim/Prism.app/Contents/Resources/modules/WebAppProperties.jsm:184. Hopefully I've typed the info correctly. If I stop the script, I end up with a blank Zimbra window, and the only option is to quit. If I choose Continue, I get the message I couldn't access the Zimbra Desktop Server. The message includes a link to report the error. A link that doesn't work. By it doesn't work, it's invalid, if you cut an paste the link into your browser, you get the message from Zimbra Invalid Forum specified. Yada, yada, yada. :-)

Also, the Readme.txt file says the software requirement is for OS X 10.5.9. Since there isn't a 10.5.9 ....... Sheesh, maybe those additional resources I read about today should include a proofreader, as that typo is in earlier readme files also.

If someone from the VM team wants to ask further questions to solve this, please send an email, I won't be back to the forums for troubleshooting. Too many irons in the fire at the moment.

I really liked the look and feel of 1.04, but I've never been able to get the filters to work. :-( And I don't want to be a beta tester, better things to do. :-) So, when I get the desire, I'm going to switch to Mozilla Thunderbird and see if it will do what I want.