Thread: how to fix problem folders that create multiple copies before updating to 2.0

Hybrid View

Unhappy how to fix problem folders that create multiple copies before updating to 2.0

I am running zimbra desktop build 1.04 build 1833.

For over a year I have had a problem where I will discover one of my subfolders making new copies of certain messages every time it syncs with my godaddy webmail imap accounts... a subfolder could build up to thousands of messages and multiple gbs before I notice it.

For a while I took the time to meticulously hunt down and delete the problem emails and all the copies, until the problem would stop happening... and then check each individual subfolder to make sure it wasn't happening to THAT folder... this was really tedious... then it would randomly start happening in another folder... eventually I gave up and just turned off synch on those folders that started generating multiple copies of messages. So now I have many many subfolders, where I have been filing emails, that have the sync turned off.

I was hoping this was a bug that would be addressed in an update. But it is still happening. Yesterday I sorted a lot of email into a subfolder, and today there are hundreds of extra copies that have already been generated in that subfolder. So I turned off the sync on that local folder.

So now I discovered 2.0 is available and want to install it. But my local folders where I have sorted mail and turned off the sync because of the multiple copy problem, have not been synced back to the cloud.

Can anyone advise me on how to fix this problem, so I can re-enable sync on those folders and let them synch back to my godaddy imap account, then install 2.0 and let it sync...

Or some other technique? I do not want to reintroduce the problem into my 2.0 folders!

Hi, sorry I've gotten not a single reply to this problem... my zimbra desktop is still generating multiple copies in some folders and I don't want to replicate this problem in 2.01... can anyone give me any help or suggestions?

Wow, 3 months, hundreds of views, and not one reply. Can anyone tell me why they can't even reply to my issue? Of course now I am seeing lots of post of people unhappy with 2.01... so maybe I am lucky I have waited to upgrade... recently I've had a lot of apparent failures of people not receiving my emails and me not receiving other people's emails so I am now looking at ditching Zimbra altogether in favor of Thunderbird. Maybe someone can tell me what Zimbra offers that Thunderbird doesn't? Or maybe someone can offer a few words about my original post?

Your best bet is probably to export the folders in 1.0; then upgrade and import them into 2.0.1.

That being said, if the problem is a compatibility/protocol issue with your imap server then it could come up again even in 2.0.1. If that occurs we can investigate further; turn on debug logging for the account and zdesktop.log should give us details.