Thread: zimbra to outlook 2007

Default zimbra to outlook 2007

Hi

I would really appreciate some help here cause i can't find a solution for this elsewhere. My mothers pc hardware died about a week ago. I had installed Zimbra Desktop on her PC for quite some time so she had a significant amount of emails on her pc. Her hard drive is intact and I retrieved all her other files (docs/pics) on her new PC but I can't find a way to get her emails. Her new pc has Outlook 2007 installed and I want to get the emails from her old pc into outlook on her new pc.

How can I do that?

thank you

I have now managed to get the old hardware up and running and I managed to export everything to a All-xxxx-xx-xx-xxxxxx.tgz file. How do I import this into Outlook. Her new pc has Microsoft Office preinstalled and she wants to use that for the time beeing.

Assuming that the emails are still on the servers, she should only have to set up the accounts in Outlook. They should download properly. As for the emails that she stored locally, I would say if you can, export them to a file that Outlook 2007 can import (or to a pst file, if you can). Then import them (or open the pst file) into Outlook.

Have a great day
    Patrick.

**Please note, that I'm new to Zimbra as well, so I'm not sure about it's export/import capabilities. Someone else may have a better suggestion for you.