Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to Unmarshal

Quote Originally Posted by krabina View Post
    Hi,
    I'm having the same problem here. When I try to add my account to ZimbraDesktop, I get the message

service.FAILURE: system failure: Unable to unmarshal response for AuthResponse

I removed the signatures, but it didn't help. I was able to add the account with Zimbra 6.0.10, but now, in 6.0.11 or 6.0.12 I get this error message...

-Bernhard
    I've got the same issue even without any signature. All the other field don't have any no-english characters.

I would suggest to have a look in your log then. On windows 7 at least you can find it in C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\log\zdesktop.log

Just search for AuthResponse in there and you will find the string that ZD fails to unserialize (unmarhsal). It may give you clues to where it's barfing. If not, post it here along with the surrounding entries, like jflanigan suggested in post #2 and hope some Zimbra employees have the time to look at it. In the mean time you can join my crusade and put horse heads in the beds of everyone that thought having multiple small encoding subsets was better than having one big unified set was a good idea...

2011-03-11 09:31:58,236 INFO [main] [] log - Started SelectChannelConnector@127.0.0.1:49559

2011-03-11 09:31:58,304 INFO [sync-manager-init] [] offline - service port is ready.

2011-03-11 09:31:58,657 INFO [btpool0-1] [] extensions - Loading extensions from C:\Program Files (x86)\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\lib\ext

2011-03-11 09:32:02,668 INFO [backup-timer] [] offline - Auto-Backup Disabled

2011-03-11 09:32:15,372 DEBUG [btpool0-3] [] request - <AuthRequest xmlns="urn:zimbraAccount"><account by="name">something@something.com</account><password>*</password><prefs/><attrs/></AuthRequest>

2011-03-11 09:32:15,460 DEBUG [btpool0-3] [] response - <AuthResponse xmlns="urn:zimbraAccount"><authToken>0_80446ec13f1 8398f9470e441c5617cf72857c20b_69643d33363a66383235 383566302d356637632d346530342d393037382d3036336438 663637346435373b6578703d31333a31333030303035303233 3631303b747970653d363a7a696d6272613b</authToken><lifetime>172800000</lifetime><prefs><pref name="zimbraPrefMailFlashTitle">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMToasterEnabled">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarApptAllowAtendeeEdit">TRUE </pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarReminderYMessenger">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefReadingPaneEnabled">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefDeleteInviteOnReply">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefSharedAddrBookAutoCompleteEnabled" >FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefMailDefaultCharset">UTF-8</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefForwardIncludeOriginalText">includ eBody</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefShowFragments">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefHtmlEditorDefaultFontFamily">Times New Roman</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefAutoAddAddressEnabled">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMFlashTitle">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefComposeFormat">text</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefAutoSaveDraftInterval">30s</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefLocale">de</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarReminderSendEmail">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarReminderFlashTitle">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefContactsInitialView">list</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarAlwaysShowMiniCal">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefSearchTreeOpen">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarReminderDuration1">-PT15M</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefDefaultSignatureId">ad301f64-69a7-4a9c-8eaf-05e88726228b</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarReminderMobile">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMReportIdle">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarApptReminderWarningTime">1 5</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefContactsPerPage">25</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefWarnOnExit">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefGetMailAction">default</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMInstantNotify">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefOutOfOfficeCacheDuration">7d</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefConversationOrder">dateDesc</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMHideBlockedBuddies">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMIdleTimeout">10</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefAccountTreeOpen">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefShowCalendarWeek">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIncludeTrashInSearch">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefGalSearchEnabled">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMHideOfflineBuddies">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefZimletTreeOpen">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefComposeInNewWindow">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarAllowPublishMethodInvite"> FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefFolderTreeOpen">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarDayHourStart">8</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefUseKeyboardShortcuts">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefUseRfc2231">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefMailSelectAfterDelete">next</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefDedupeMessagesSentToSelf">dedupeNo ne</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefSaveToSent">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMLogChatsEnabled">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarInitialView">workWeek</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefUseTimeZoneListInCalendar">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefJunkLifetime">0</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefForwardReplyPrefixChar">></pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarNotifyDelegatedChanges">FA LSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefMailSignatureStyle">outlook</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefFolderColorEnabled">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefAdminConsoleWarnOnExit">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefMessageViewHtmlPreferred">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarSendInviteDeniedAutoReply" >FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefConvReadingPaneLocation">bottom</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefSentLifetime">0</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefShowSelectionCheckbox">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefItemsPerVirtualPage">50</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefGroupMailBy">message</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefListViewColumns">CLV:se|ex|fg|pr|t g|at|st|fr|su|fo|sz|dt,CV:se|fg|pr|tg|at|st|fr|su| fo|sz|dt,TV:se|fg|pr|tg|at|st|fr|su|fo|sz|dt</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefSentMailFolder">sent</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefGalAutoCompleteEnabled">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefAdvancedClientEnforceMinDisplay">T RUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefImapSearchFoldersEnabled">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefContactsDisableAutocompleteOnConta ctGroupMembers">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMLogChats">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarAutoAddInvites">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefInboxReadLifetime">0</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefVoiceItemsPerPage">25</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefShowSearchString">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefForwardReplyInOriginalFormat">FALS E</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefDefaultPrintFontSize">12pt</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMNotifyPresence">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefOpenMailInNewWindow">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefHtmlEditorDefaultFontColor">#00000 0</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefClientType">advanced</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefTimeZoneId">Europe/Berlin</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefReadingPaneLocation">bottom</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefStandardClientAccessibilityMode">F ALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefMailFlashIcon">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefMailToasterEnabled">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefInboxUnreadLifetime">0</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefDisabledZimlets">com_starxpert_sav e</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefDisabledZimlets">com_zimbra_date</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefDisabledZimlets">com_zimbra_holida ycalendars</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefDisabledZimlets">com_zimbra_local</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefDisabledZimlets">net_inova_gmaps</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefMailSendReadReceipts">never</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMCustomStatusMessage">im Büro</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefAutoCompleteQuickCompletionOnComma ">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefTagTreeOpen">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefMailSoundsEnabled">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefHtmlEditorDefaultFontSize">12pt</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarAllowForwardedInvite">TRUE </pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIncludeSpamInSearch">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefMailItemsPerPage">25</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefMarkMsgRead">1</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefReplyIncludeOriginalText">includeB odyWithPrefix</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefSkin">beach</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarFirstDayOfWeek">1</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefMailInitialSearch">in:inbox</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarAllowCancelEmailToSelf">FA LSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarReminderSoundsEnabled">FAL SE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefMailPollingInterval">5m</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMNotifyStatus">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefTrashLifetime">0</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefDisplayExternalImages">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarDayHourEnd">18</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMSoundsEnabled">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarShowPastDueReminders">TRUE </pref><pref name="zimbraPrefMandatorySpellCheckEnabled">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMIdleStatus">away</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMAutoLogin">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefIMFlashIcon">TRUE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarToasterEnabled">FALSE</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarApptVisibility">public</pref><pref name="zimbraPrefCalendarUseQuickAdd">TRUE</pref></prefs><attrs/><skin>beach</skin></AuthResponse>

Only thing that stands out to me is <pref name="zimbraPrefIMCustomStatusMessage">im Büro</pref>

I don't know how to get rid of it. In Zimbra you can set a individual status message in instant messenger, but I haven't found a way to remove it...

How can a status message be a problem for Zimbra Desktiop 7 if instant messenger is not even included anymore?

-Bernhard

It is probably still parsed as a part of the server response. Try setting your language temporarily to english. That would probably change your status message. After the account is added you can, in my experience at least, safely change it back without problems.

It's fixed for me in the new ZD RC 2

Quote Originally Posted by krabina View Post
    It's fixed for me in the new ZD RC 2
    same to me!!!

God,I meet these same issue ,and handling ....

upgrade to version 7.1.1 to solve these problem