Thread: Zimbra Desktop 7.1.4 wont open on Ubuntu 12.04 precise

Hybrid View

Default Zimbra Desktop 7.1.4 wont open on Ubuntu 12.04 precise

Installed Desktop 7.1.4 on Ubuntu 12.04 precise.

Problem is that Zimbra Desktop does not open
    Desktop Icon does not look like an icon and has a lock to it.

Here the installation step by step:

michael@Aspiremobile:~/Downloads/zdesktop$ sudo ./install.pl
    [sudo] password for michael:

Welcome to Zimbra Desktop setup wizard. This will install Zimbra Desktop on your computer.
    ------------------------------
    Press enter to continue:

PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SOFTWARE. VMWARE INC. WILL ONLY LICENSE THIS SOFTWARE TO YOU IF YOU FIRST ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE, OR USING THE PRODUCT, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THEN DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL OR USE THE PRODUCT.

License Terms for this Zimbra Collaboration Server Software: Zimbra - Zimbra Public End-User License Agreement, Version 2.3

(A)ccept or (D)ecline [A]: a

Choose the folder where you would like to install Zimbra Desktop's application files [/opt/zimbra/zdesktop]:

Installing application files...done

You have finished installing application files.

Would you like to continue to install data files for user: root ?
    (Y)es or (N)o [N]: y

Choose the folder where you would like to install Zimbra Desktop's user data files, full path please [/home/michael/zdesktop]:

Choose the folder where you would like to create desktop icon [/home/michael/Desktop]:

Installing user data files...done
    Initializing user data...done
    Creating desktop icon...done
    mv: cannot stat `/home/michael/zdesktop.tmp/index/*': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `/home/michael/zdesktop.tmp/store/*': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `/home/michael/zdesktop.tmp/sqlite/*': No such file or directory
    mv: cannot stat `/home/michael/zdesktop.tmp/zimlets-deployed/*': No such file or directory
    Zimbra Desktop has been installed successfully for user root.

You can start Zimbra Desktop by double-clicking the desktop icon or by running the following command:
    "/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/prism/zdclient" -webapp "/home/michael/zdesktop/zdesktop.webapp" -override "/home/michael/zdesktop/zdesktop.webapp/override.ini" -profile "/home/michael/zdesktop/profile"

Press "Enter" to launch Zimbra Desktop; Press "Ctrl-c" to exit: ^CTo install data files for additional users, please login as the user and run this command:
    /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/user-install.pl

And here the message when trying to open:

michael@Aspiremobile:~$ "/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/prism/zdclient" -webapp "/home/michael/zdesktop/zdesktop.webapp" -override "/home/michael/zdesktop/zdesktop.webapp/override.ini" -profile "/home/michael/zdesktop/profile"
    Error: unrecognized override.ini path.

There are three threats about Zimbra 7.1.4 not opening in windows, Mac and Linux. Might be coincidence but - does anybody know where I can download an earlier version of Zimbra Desktop?

Michael

Same issue here - looks like a permission issue. I suspect it's something to do with the Debian base.
    Package DOES work well under Cent and Fedora, though.

Same issue but I am so new to ubuntu that I have zero constructive information to add.

(At this point I only understand about 10% of what anyone is talking about on these forums) Would love any advice on this issue when it is understood by those far more experienced than I.

Hey all,
    I'm sorry, langue English is very bad for write. I'm write is short.

When install Zimbra Desktop on Ubuntu we must using permission root by command sudo .... -> default folder is install of root permission.

Check it using command: ls -l.

After install, running zimbra you see
    "{ubuntu:~/Desktop/zdesktop_7_1_2_ga_b10978_linux_i686} $ JETTY_HOME = /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty
    JETTY_RUN = /home/work/zdesktop/log
    JETTY_PID = /home/work/zdesktop/log/zdesktop.pid
    JETTY_CONSOLE = /home/work/zdesktop/log/zdesktop.out
    JETTY_ARGS =
    CONFIGS = /home/work/zdesktop/jetty/etc/jetty.xml
    JAVA_OPTIONS = -client -d32 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xms32m -Xmx150m -Xss150k -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=20 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=40 -XX:NewRatio=4 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=70 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -DSTART='/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty/etc/start.config' -Dzimbra.home='/home/work/zdesktop' -Dzimbra.config='/home/work/zdesktop/conf/localconfig.xml' -Djava.library.path='/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty/../lib' -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.io.tmpdir='/home/work/zdesktop/data/tmp/java' -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=10 -Djetty.home='/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty'
    JAVA = /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/jre/bin/java
    Starting Jetty:
    Jetty running pid=13556
    nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout"

OK this is problem ---> You must change folder zdesktop to user login to system and group same
    Command:sudo chrow username:group PathToFolder

And Last reboot system and running zimbra.