Thread: Zimba Beta 5 OSX install failure

Default Zimba Beta 5 OSX install failure

I am running Mac OSX 10.4.10 (intel), downloaded the beta install .dmg, and executed the installation package. Everything went ok, then it issued a statement to execute /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetup.pl as root which I then proceeded to do.

The following collection of messages is what is displayed when I attempt to execute zmsetup.pl:

Can't load '/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBI/DBI.bundle' for module DBI: dlopen(/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBI/DBI.bundle, 1): no suitable image found. Did find:
    /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBI/DBI.bundle: mach-o, but wrong architecture at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DynaLoader.pm line 230, line 228.
    at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DBI.pm line 261
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DBI.pm line 261, line 228.
    Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/Migrate.pm line 28, line 228.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/Migrate.pm line 28, line 228.
    Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmupgrade.pm line 32, line 228.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmupgrade.pm line 32, line 228.
    Compilation failed in require at libexec/zmsetup.pl line 69, line 228.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at libexec/zmsetup.pl line 69, line 228.

Maybe because of the 10 update.

Do you have the Developer tools installed from the CD? Try that.

Default Zimbra Beta 5 OSX install failure

OK - I installed both the WebObjects and xCode developer tools (and also checked for updates, reboot, etc.). After all that - same result. Any other ideas?

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

but wrong architecture at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DynaLoader.pm line 230, line 228.
    log fragment says wrong architecture, sure you've got intel binaries, are there 64bit issues etc?

Could be the arch, but I am testing leopard and had this problem with openssl. . .even though the libs it was looking at were intel, it said wrong arch.

jh

Default Zimbra Beta OSX install failure

OK - I did have the wrong arch. version (sorry about that...). I get further and startup script does run, but it fails with a message about trying to stop Zimbra services (this is a new install, so there are no services running). The log file is attached.

Question - does Zimbra need to be installed prior to installing this version? I would assume that it could be installed from scratch.
    Attached Files Attached Files

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Hi

This is because you have incomplete/corrupt info in /opt/zimbra due to the aborted install.

sh install.sh -u
    rm -rf /opt/zimbra

then start the install again

Smile Zimba Beta 5 OSX install failure

Thanks for the info - finally got it working! In addition to the commands you cited, the "zimbra" user has to be removed as well. Once I did that, it installed properly.