Thread: Zimbra for Fedora 7?

Question Zimbra for Fedora 7?

I am wondering if there is an ETA for Zimbra for Fedora 7?

I am currently using zimbra with fedora core 5, and love it. However, fedora core 5 was EOLd at the end of last month...and I want to upgrade soon if possible!

No ETA as of yet.
    There doesn't seem to be much demand. I can't even find a entry in our BZ.

If you want it, please file an enhancement/bug, and we can take a look at it.

john

Default thanks for the heads up

No to worry. I have switched to RHEL 5 anyhow.

The bz entry for Fedora 7 is 17314 and it says status resolved.

Although I'm playing with Franklin BETA2 on Fedora 7 and I've found and fixed few showstoppers. Mostly easy stuff like b0rk deps. Which reminds me, why the heck does the install script enforce deps that the installed rpms *don't*?

Since I'm new here...

Also, I notice a p4-style depot listed in the bz. And I'm Perforce-enabled. Is their a public/anon copy of the depot mentioned? It appears the sf/svn is somewhat behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Doty View Post
    The bz entry for Fedora 7 is 17314 and it says status resolved.

Although I'm playing with Franklin BETA2 on Fedora 7 and I've found and fixed few showstoppers. Mostly easy stuff like b0rk deps. Which reminds me, why the heck does the install script enforce deps that the installed rpms *don't*?

Since I'm new here...

Also, I notice a p4-style depot listed in the bz. And I'm Perforce-enabled. Is their a public/anon copy of the depot mentioned? It appears the sf/svn is somewhat behind.
    File bugs on any issues you find.
    P4 is internal only. Sorry.

We're trying to kick ourselves in the a$$ with the SVN thing. We hope to get it running soon
    Last edited by jholder; 08-11-2007 at 07:48 PM.

Default Fedora 7 Yet?

Has there been any progress on getting a release done for Fedora 7? I just tried installing 4.5.4 on an F7 box, and it failed out in the middle of the install. Trying the newest now, to see if it's any better, but it's still only supporting an EOL'ed distro. Any ideas? Anyone done this successfully?

--JetEngineering a New World

Thumbs down Doesn't work on Fedora 7

Update to previous:

I've now gotten everything to install, but its' failing out on the libcurl.so.3 dependency. I tried the sedlet in the BZ article, but this didn't go. Can one just grab libcurl.so.3 from elsewhere and shove it into the directory?

--J

I don't mean to be a show stopper here. It really depends on how comfortable you are in the OS you are using.

But from my perspective, it will always be nice to use an OS that is supported and a Linux OS that will not EOL at the end of 18 months or 2 years. Would this mean that you will be moving your collaboration suite in production every now and then because the OS is EOLd?

RHEL is definitely an ultimate alternative since it has a very strong support for it's OS. Ubuntu 6.06 aka Dapper Drake is another good option, as it has a server support for 5 years! (and that's a WOW for an open source).

Just a thought, not from a technical perspective but on a business perspective. You see, the CIO's job is to make the CEO sleep at night.

Default Got it working.

That's fine. I did end up getting it working on F7 after tons of messing around, manually dropping in shared libs, etc. I'll post what I did, for posterity's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by JetteroHeller View Post
    That's fine. I did end up getting it working on F7 after tons of messing around, manually dropping in shared libs, etc. I'll post what I did, for posterity's sake.
    Congrats for making it work!