Thread: user@domain.tld instead of user@host.domain.tld

Default user@domain.tld instead of user@host.domain.tld

If this is a FAQ, I couldn't find it. I've just installed the current Zimbra, community edition for now, and all went smoothly on Ubuntu 6.06. But when I add accounts, they all appear as user@host.domain.tld. I want the more familiar user@domain.tld, but can't see any way to change it, either in the account set up or in global settings. Is there a way?

--
    Bill

There's CLI commands as well but if you have your admin console open:
    -Make a new domain
    -Open a user > general information > change the drop down box to the appropriates domain
    Leave the host.domain.tld where it is for now-there's some other stuff you need to verify before you delete it...

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    There's CLI commands as well but if you have your admin console open:
    -Make a new domain
    -Open a user > general information > change the drop down box to the appropriates domain
    Leave the host.domain.tld where it is for now-there's some other stuff you need to verify before you delete it...
    So this won't interfere with mail delivery or ... ? And I can delete the original domain from the admin console? What do I need to verify beforehand? DNS is resolving correctly on the domain and the fqdn host.

Thanks for the quick reply!

--
    Bill

First, did making a new domain and moving a user to it allow you to send/receive properly for that account?
    (as I don't know your domain I can't check any dns-so i'm taking that on faith)

Making the domain and moving the user was simple, but I haven't actually got the machine on the Net yet. I'm preparing the server to take over as MX from another ISP (moving mail services in-house so as to run Zimbra!)

It's running a local bind for it's own DNS zone now, and I'll turn that off when it is installed on location and the real MX record gets changed. So I can't test send/receive to answer your question yet.

--
    Bill