Thread: Bind all Services to 1 IP

BarthezZ Guest

Default Bind all Services to 1 IP

Hi,

I'm trying to install zimbra on an debian sarge (3.1) server.
    The server has 3 ip addreses, one is currently bridged to a vmware server currently hosting zimbra.

On the other interfaces there are multiple other services running, wich can't be interfered with.

How can i let zimbra only use the 3'th interface (wich i will unbind from vmware) and not let it take ports on the rest.

And how can i easily copy users and email from the virtual server to the new server?

thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Sorry if I hi-jacked this thread for my question.

Why is there a need to bind all services to one (1) IP? Will there be a better advantage than it's current default settings?

Thanks so much in advance..

BarthezZ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    As i read there in the thread. Mostly will be done by just "hacking" it into the configuration files after installation.

@randall: If i would allow the applications to bind to all ip's as it does now, it will interfer with the current running applications and services, as it isn't only a mailserver.

And how can i easily copy users and email from the virtual server to the new server?
    Last edited by BarthezZ; 08-18-2007 at 05:56 AM. Reason: adding 2'nd question

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BarthezZ View Post
    Use IMAPSYNC (details in the wiki and forums) or just use Thunderbird connected to both servers then drag'n'drop the mail from one server to the other. You need to ensure that you login to the 'new' server and append '/tb' to the user login details i.e. fred@domain.com/tb as there's a nasty bug in T'bird that will give you the wrong dates on the email.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

BarthezZ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Use IMAPSYNC (details in the wiki and forums) or just use Thunderbird connected to both servers then drag'n'drop the mail from one server to the other. You need to ensure that you login to the 'new' server and append '/tb' to the user login details i.e. fred@domain.com/tb as there's a nasty bug in T'bird that will give you the wrong dates on the email.
    So in all migration scripts from other suites to zimbra, there isn't any from zimbra->zimbra? Sounds kind of weird to me, but ok thnx for the workaround

where can i fill a feature request?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Feature requests go in bugzilla, you'll need to create an account on that system to file an RFE..
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.