So I cannot seem to figure this out, I tried to change the ip address and FQDN of our mail server by following the advice I had found on the board & wiki, and unfortunately have reached a dead-end. So: When try to start zimbra (zmcontrol start) only ldap starts and then the script exits. Looking in the zimbra.log, the last entry is ldap starting. If I try
it connects just fine, and I can do this from outside the network as well. So I try executing but that command just hangs and does not seem to give any output other than the from the command line of
telnet mail.myserver.com 389
starting mysql daemon with databases from /opt/zimbra/data
my hosts file is
and the name of the server is mail, and the subdomain is mail. I had previously executed zmsetservername to get to this point, and it changed all the entries in zmlocalconfig to the correct server.
MYIP_ADDRESS mail.myserver.com mail
Thanks for your help, Greg