Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SOLVED] Domains/DNS Setup Questions

Ok I'll give it a shot tomorrow morning when I'm back there.

I've merged your four threads. This thread will be for all your domain/dns setup issues/questions.
    -Let's treat this as one 'installation issue' so everyone can find all the pertinent data in one place.
    -Otherwise we're just asking you the same questions again and again. And that only doubles the response time & drops the relevance of posts. (As you may have already tried a particular action, etc.)

Sorry Surreal, you caught us at a time when we're starting to roll out the 'solved' functionality. And we all/even you had the right idea on the separation. This just happens to be the first 'production' day for that - and we hope it will improve the experience for everyone.

Right now people search and pull up commands or things to try that were only relevant on zcs3 etc. Long ago it was decided that no threads would be deleted, abit security/spam/flamming reasons. We're a community where all input is valued, and it adds to our collective knowledge as a whole - which is one ideal of open source after all! But to cut down on that confusion we're trying to close/lock those types of threads which lets user's know "hey, this data is no longer relevant" because there are lots of structural changes in the major versions.

Solved threads are intended to address the original posters/original issue (Like anywhere, people search for a matching error message, and rather than reference an old thread, they tack on to it. (it's just human nature) Which makes our goal of complete issue response hard to track. The forums are both idea generation & the open source support so we kinda consider each thread as one person's 'trouble ticket'. When an actual issue is found then it goes into bugzilla. Fully developed imporvement ideas become RFE's (requests for production in bugzilla). You can then track the cycle at PMWeb. So now that I've rambled on...back to your issue!

More importantly, I don't want you falling through the cracks; so If you have novell groupwise migration tool issues (and of course any other reason out side of your initial installation etc) then make a new thread.

This thread will be marked solved IFF:
    A)
    You let us know that you can send and receive mail at accounts on both domains, using internal/external resolution as desired.
    or B) You don't respond for a month or something

-To that end a net diagram would work wonders. Specifically we're looking for how your dns resolution (both internally & externally) is setup.
    Last edited by mmorse; 08-30-2007 at 02:20 AM.

Default This is the problem

Ok, I already manually added all the users to the system (so that I could let mail to the server)

I have 429 emails in the deferred box.

All my services tell me they are working properly.

If you look, it should have the internal IP not the external IP, shouldn't it?
    It may be a port issue, I only have 25 and 80 open to the outside...

I have people biting my *** to get this fixed, so I'm hoping to have this resolved within the hour.

After I get it going I can convince them to pay for Zimbra for the added services.

Here is the screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SurrealSystems; 08-30-2007 at 12:21 PM.

Go through this checklist: Incoming Mail Problems - ZimbraWiki

To get current configs
    zmprov gacf (and zmprov gac server.domain.com)
    (server settings override global settings!)

-go to global settings>mta tab and check the box for dns lookups
    or: zmprov mcf zimbraMtaDnsLookupsEnabled TRUE (zmprov mc zimbraMtaDnsLookupsEnabled TRUE)

also-you never filled us in on your split dns setup

-See the section on zimbraMailTransport

ok so now we know your server is mail.wolfechev.com, does your host file like:
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    10.180.70.143 mail.wolfechev.com mail

BTW if you installed the NE trial you have support for those 60 days...
    Last edited by mmorse; 08-30-2007 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    Go through this checklist: Incoming Mail Problems - ZimbraWiki

To get current configs
    zmprov gacf (and zmprov gac server.domain.com)
    (server settings override global settings!)

-go to global settings>mta tab and check the box for dns lookups
    or: zmprov mcf zimbraMtaDnsLookupsEnabled TRUE (zmprov mc zimbraMtaDnsLookupsEnabled TRUE)

also-you never filled us in on your split dns setup

-See the section on zimbraMailTransport

ok so now we know your server is mail.wolfechev.com, does your host file like:
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    10.180.70.143 mail.wolfechev.com mail

BTW if you installed the NE trial you have support for those 60 days...
    I tried to do a split DNS setup, but I don't know enough about Linux to get it working correctly, so I set my DNS back. I'm sure that would solve the problem however.

I did change the MTA to localhost instead of the mail.wolfechev.com that it had, and I've tried with and without DNS checking enabled.

I'd go through and edit that setting (zimbraMailtransport) for each user, but I need to get this going ASAP. I also don't know if that would help with emails that have already been deffered (almost 500 now)

So john came in and helped me. It was a DNS issue, had to do a proper bind setup. (I was using Ubuntu)

I am so very thankful to have the support.

Thank you!