Thread: Debian Etch - Zimbra

Default Debian Etch - Zimbra

Hello,

I am planning to move from an existing server running BIND, apache, MySQL, and Postfix to a new, larger server. Both servers are running Debian etch. The reason for the move is that I need more power and storage than what my server i currently have offers. So, I figured while i was in the process of moving, i would install and use zimbra as i don't currently have any web interface for my email. However, I have a few questions before starting this conversion.

1) Are there any bugs between Zimbra and Debian currently that i would have to contend with?

2) Is there any plan in the near future to release a version of Zimbra native to etch?

Thanks!

Yes, there are some issues with Debian 3.1. We're gonna dump support for 3.1, and move to sarge. That's our goal, so if you can upgrade to sarge, you'll be great.

Debian is in QA now, so we're testing.

john

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Yes, there are some issues with Debian 3.1. We're gonna dump support for 3.1, and move to sarge. That's our goal, so if you can upgrade to sarge, you'll be great.

Debian is in QA now, so we're testing.

john
    I am sorry, but that is a little confusing. Sarge is 3.1 and 4.0 is etch. Do you mean that you are going to drop support for sarge and support etch (4.0)?

Yeah, someone just pointed that out to me. . .heh. I use rhel

Etch is currently being built, and will be supported

john

meaning 3.1 (sarge) will be depricated.

Sorry bout that.
    Last edited by jholder; 09-14-2007 at 12:37 PM.

I am having a bit of trouble getting this up and running. I have installed everything and it seems to be running, but i can't access anything. I can telnet to 25 and send commands directly to postfix, but i can't access the web configurator. During the last part of the install, i saw some error about failing to copy documents?? What's going on? That was the only error i saw during the install. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by magikman View Post
    I am having a bit of trouble getting this up and running. I have installed everything and it seems to be running, but i can't access anything. I can telnet to 25 and send commands directly to postfix, but i can't access the web configurator. During the last part of the install, i saw some error about failing to copy documents?? What's going on? That was the only error i saw during the install. Any ideas?
    I installed today on debian etch and it worked. You may be missing some dependency.
    Please re-run the install.sh with "-u" to uninstall, then install again and post the output here.

I have finally got it working... i had to kill my other apache process. I am running quite a few different web sites using apache 1.3, php and mysql. So, I need zimbra to listen on the IP associated with mail.dvterry.com for webmail rather than Zimbra. So, in other words, i would like to use mail.dvterry.com as my SMTP/IMAP host as well as the webmail host. Where do i change this setting? Will i need to generate more ssl certs? What else do i need to do for this to work correctly?