Thread: can't send mail

Default can't send mail

Has anyone had the response "one or more e-mails not accepted." Then a list of the rejected address. This is from the web browser, not Outlook Express. Outlook Express has no problem sending the mail.

Is there a solution to this problem? The other issue I am experiencing is that the junk folder is not cleaning itself out. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Neil

Welcome to the forums,

Quote Originally Posted by bicyclebuys.com View Post
    Has anyone had the response "one or more e-mails not accepted." Then a list of the rejected address. This is from the web browser, not Outlook Express. Outlook Express has no problem sending the mail.
    Just letting you know in advance that I'm not trying to belittle you or anything with my first question below - from your first post I technically have no way of knowing if your an admin or end-user.
    Examine the rejected addresses, are you perhaps not putting the fqdn for the email address? user@domain.com
    (There's an RFE for not having to use the full address if there's an account at your domain that matches; it's one off those good/bad things such that there will probably be a way to enable/disable this when it is implemented.)
    This happen while sending to any addresses?
    This only happen with addresses/accounts on your servers/domains? Are you still in migration/with half the accounts on the old solution?

Quote Originally Posted by bicyclebuys.com View Post
    The other issue I am experiencing is that the junk folder is not cleaning itself out. Any ideas?
    In the admin console gui > individual user or COS > advanced tab > scroll to the bottom > Spam message lifetime
    -Number of days a message can remain in the Junk folder before it is automatically purged. The default is 30 days.

Also,
    Trashed message lifetime - Number of days a message remains in the Trash folder before it is automatically purged. The default is 30 days.
    Email message lifetime - Number of days a message can remain in any folder before it is automatically purged. The default is 0; email messages are not deleted.

If that's all set correctly, check an account:
    Code:
     su zimbra
    zmprov ga user@domain.com | grep zimbraMailSpamLifetime
    Last edited by mmorse; 10-01-2007 at 07:22 PM. Reason: meant spam/junk not trash lifetime

a customer of perceiva (greg is handling it)
    Last edited by mmorse; 10-02-2007 at 09:26 PM.