Thread: [SOLVED] Broke Zimbra after editing Domain - Help Please

Question [SOLVED] Broke Zimbra after editing Domain - Help Please

Hello all,

To make a long story short, I went to the general options tab in the administrative console and changed the domain from mail.mydomain.com to mydomain.com. Then saved the change and logged out. Then opened an ssl session to the zimbra server and stopped all services and then restarted all services. Next I went to log back into the admin console. It will not let me, and I cannot login to the user interface either.

I was trying to change my default domain from user@mail.mydomain.com to user@mydomain.com. Obviously, I went about it in the wrong way.

Can someone please explain how I can fix this?

Warm Regards,

Joe

Can you please post your log files?

/opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log
    /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/catalina.out

Thanks
    jh

Well,

Time was of an essence. I uninstalled Zimbra and reinstalled. This time I added a domain, then changed it in the drop down rather than editing in the admin panel. The break was my fault, but I am up and running now.

Many thanks for your time.

Joe

Well, I guess I was wrong. I can log into a user account but not the admin panel.

Here is a tail of the mailbox.log file

2007-10-17 13:33:17,993 INFO [http-7071-Processor50] [ip=192.168.129.10;ua=ZimbraWebClient - IE6 (Win);] SoapEngine - handler exception

com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException: authentication failed for admin

at com.zimbra.cs.account.AccountServiceException.AUTH _FAILED(AccountServiceException.java:87)

at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.Auth.handle(Auth.java: 92)

at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:270)

at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:168)

at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:90)

at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:223)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)

at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:162)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

[LEFT]I will send the output of the other file but here is what I suspect to be going on.

I reinstalled Zimbra,

Logged on as admin to check then logged out.

SSH to the zimbra created a new domain. Original was mail.mydomain.com new domain was mydomain.com

Next I logged back into the admin panel, went to the general tab and changed the domain from mail.mydomain.com to mydomain.com by using the drop box then saved my settings.

Next I created a user.

I imported that users .pst file from exchange and can log into that users account.

Next I tried logging back into the admin console and it gives me an authentication error.

Now I suspect that admin is tied to admin@mail.mydomain.com and the user is tied to user@mydomain.com.

Any ideas?

Joe

INTERESTING ....

I can use the logon name of admin@mail.mydomain.com and am able to logon to the admin console. Is there a way to make it so I can just use the name admin without the qualifying domain?

Joe

OK, found that I can change it in the user settings for admin.

Thanks for the help!

Joe