Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't open admin panel

Default Can't open admin panel

After a apperently successfull installation of Zimbra, when I open Firefox and point to https://mail.selulloid.com:7071/zimbraAdmin, the browser's window goes gray and nothing more happens! I checked and all the services are up, i saw the tomcat logs and everything looks like ok. What can I do?

The screen is gray while it loads the application. Did you wait long enough for the app to load. The first time if your on a slow connection it may take some time. At this time we don't compress/optimize the admin UI like the regualar WebUI so it's a bit slower to load the first time.

Exclamation Norton?

Ive seen this once before with Norton Inernet Security 2005 running on the client machine. Can you *completely* disable Norton (temporarily) and see if this fixes the problem? If not, can you try getting to the admin console from another machine not running Norton?

If this fixes the problem, can you provide the version of Norton you are using?

Hi,

Thanks everybody. I left the firebird working yesterday over the night, so I wait 8:00 hours. I don't have Norton Internet Security running, i'm using a linux machine. Anybody has some other idea?

Hugs,

Vanildo Vanni.

Default logs?

Anything in logs/zimbra.log?

Can you reach the mail application? Does https work to the normal mail app?
    (zmtlsctl https; tomcat restart).

Default Now working - the Admin,

Hi,

Thanks everybody. I got now the admin panel working, but the web client is not. I had already seen the cuase in another thread, when I try to login ever appears a message saying that my session is expired. I'll try to find again that thread and try to fix up this problem.

Again, thanks all of you, folks.

Default ?

What did you do to get it working? I'm having the same issue.

Update:
    I have found this in the tomcat logs but don't know if it's important:

192.168.0.200 - - [05/Dec/2005:04:37:49 +0000] "POST /service/admin/soap/ HTTP/1.1" 404 1010
    Last edited by brained; 12-04-2005 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Update

I have this problem on some (but not all) machines with both the 381 and 436 builds... I have linux, XP and win2k machines in question... so far, all the linux machines work with firefox, but some of the windows machines (both 2K and XP) with firefox never "load" the login screen - it just stay's grey... I've waited upwards of 10 minutes and on the machines that it does come up on it loads in like 2-3 seconds... It loads fine in IE and most of the time in firefox, but I am unable to find any error messages in any of the logs for the server or the client... Some of the machines in question have symantec AV (version 9.0.0.338) and some don't... I've tried basic things, like clearing the cache, turning off the autoprotect for symantec, clearing cookies, restarting machine, upgrading firefox, trying the demo at zimbra.com, etc but firefox just sits there with a blank brushed metal screen...

Default Av

check your AV logs - we serve the javascript files as a big zipped file, so your AV software may be blocking it (or blocking execution in the browser.)

that doesn't fix the problem and not all of the machines that have the problem even have any AV software installed... turning off the AV software on the machines that have the problem and have AV software installed does not fix the problem...