Thread: Apache Server and Port 7071

Default Apache Server and Port 7071

I suffer the age-old and common problem of no joy on port 7071 https after installation. Yes, I have read other threads about this. No, it's none of the common suspects mentioned there.

I cannot find that the Apache servers which shipped with Zimbra are configured anywhere to listen on 7071 https. We simply see the request being refused. They are running and they do answer other ports, but not this one.

Is it necessary to first configure Apache in order for 7071 to work? This does NOT seem rational and does not match the quick_start.pdf. The admin guide is utterly useless, offering ZERO in the way of troubleshooting.

Oh, and yes -- we've checked firewalls. It's not that. Really isn't (we even turned 'em off to be absolutely sure in a special test).

Please and thank you.

Welcome. First off this post belongs in Installation.. So I moved it.

We don't use or ship apache for 7071, this is tomcat. You may want to check /opt/zimbra/tomcat/log/catalina.out

See if there are any errors in there. Can you get to port 80? This is also tomcat and mapped to the same webapp.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Also what is the exact URL you are trying to access on port 7071?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by ptfarre2006

And when you hit that URL what do you see in catalina.out or the tomcat access log? Anything?

Finally... after a clue and more trial and error hacking, I found a port conflict. Thanks for the Forum answer above about catalina.out. That eventually led to what I had to do:

service httpd stop followed by zmcontrol stop and zmcontrol start FINALLY allowed 7071 to speak to the world.

The most bizarre clue was the partial answer I was getting from 7071; it ranged from "some data may have been lost" to "7071 denied".