Hello,
I am having a problem with ldap. I was able to get GAL configured just fine but when I try to configure Authentication the test fails because: Unable to resolve LDAP name. Here is the result:

Code:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-031521D2, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of:
	'O=itsa,C=us'
I have tried a couple of Ldap filters: 1) the full bind DN and 2) (uid=%u). I do have the uid set on the user in the external Ldap. My Ldap search base is: OU=Itsa_TechnicalStaff,O=itsa,C=us. I can ping my external ldap just fine and again I can configure GAL just fine.

Yet if I run ldapsearch I can get a successful search but I must include -x in the command:

Code:
[zimbra@itsa bin]$ ldapsearch -h itsa1.local -p 389 -D "cn=jherington, ou=Itsa_TechnicalStaff, o=itsa, c=us" -w "password" -x -b "o=itsa,c=us" "(CN=jherington,OU=Itsa_TechnicalStaff,O=itsa,C=us)"
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base  with scope subtree
# filter: (CN=jherington,OU=Itsa_TechnicalStaff,O=itsa,C=us)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1
[zimbra@itsa bin]$
Local ldap is running and I am able to login to zimbra. I did set up a user in the local ldap and the external ldap (which is actually ADAM Active Directory Application Mode) with the same name and password. The -x is for "simple authentication" I do not have ssl setup on the external ldap server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!