Thread: Certify Error on (re)install

Default Certify Error on (re)install

Hi folks, here I am again. After some fight with Postfix's domains, I started to receive the message "Temporary lookup failure" in the maillog. Searching the net, I discovered that this is an error related to corrupted database. So I decided to follow another post's instruction, uninstalling with install.sh -u and install again. Now I am no able to install again, this is the relevant part of install.log:

Code:
    COMMAND: zmcreatecert
    ** Creating CA private key

Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
    .....++++++
    ........++++++
    writing new private key to '/opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/ca/ca.key'
    -----
    ** Creating CA cert

Signature ok
    subject=/C=US/ST=N/A/L=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/CN=osiris.localdomain
    Getting Private key
    ** Importing CA

Certificate was added to keystore
    keytool error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts (Permission denied)
    ** Creating keystore

** Creating server cert request

** Signing cert request

Signature ok
    subject=/C=US/ST=NA/L=NA/O=Zimbra/OU=Zimbra/CN=osiris.localdomain
    Getting CA Private Key
    Signature ok
    subject=/C=US/ST=NA/L=NA/O=Zimbra/OU=Zimbra/CN=osiris.localdomain
    Getting Private key
    COMMAND: zmcertinstall mailbox
    ** Importing server cert

keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Failed to establish chain from reply
    COMMAND: zmtlsctl http
    COMMAND: zmcertinstall mta /opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/server/smtpd.crt /opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/ca/ca.key
    ** Importing server cert

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e ssl_allow_untrusted_certs=true
    COMMAND: zmcontrol startup
    Calling startup (osiris.localdomain)
    At this point, the installation hangs. I tried to run zmcreatecert manually (with the needed permission, the file /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts is read only) and it worked, but my installation still doesn't. I already had reinstalled Zimbra a few times, and none of this happened. I verified the SSL package and the appropriate libs, and everything's ok.

Any ideas?

PS: the binary file for FC3 available in the site is updated periodically? A friend of mine had the same problem I did with Timezone (described on another post on "Users" forum), and he said that he coudn't find the file I modified, but he did find the same function on another file.

PS: the binary file for FC3 available in the site is updated periodically? A friend of mine had the same problem I did with Timezone (described on another post on "Users" forum), and he said that he coudn't find the file I modified, but he did find the same function on another file.
    We did update the build yesterday. You can see the announcement here:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123

At this point, the installation hangs. I tried to run zmcreatecert manually (with the needed permission, the file /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts is read only) and it worked, but my installation still doesn't. I already had reinstalled Zimbra a few times, and none of this happened. I verified the SSL package and the appropriate libs, and everything's ok.
    After you did the install.sh -u did you make sure the /opt/zimbra dir was empty? I've seen this error when there was files left in there after an install.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    After you did the install.sh -u did you make sure the /opt/zimbra dir was empty? I've seen this error when there was files left in there after an install.
    Yes, I did clean up the /opt/zimbra and everything else I found. It seems that sometimes some process like ldap doesn't die properly. Berfore reinstall I checked if every Zimbra process were down and verified if there was any port already used. I downloaded the updated packages for FC3 and installed. I thought the errors were caused because of my localdomain. So I tried to configure my dns (another machine) with a fully qualified name. It didn't work either. This is my install.log:

Code:
    A preparar os pacotes para a instalação...
    zimbra-core-3.0.M1_21.FC3-20050920155949_
    ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
    zimbra-ldap-3.0.M1_21.FC3-20050920155949_
    zimbra-mta-3.0.M1_21.FC3-20050920155949_
    zimbra-snmp-3.0.M1_21.FC3-20050920155949_
    zimbra-store-3.0.M1_21.FC3-20050920155949_
    COMMAND: /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmmyinit
    * Creating required directories
    * Generating mysql config /opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf
    * Creating database in /opt/zimbra/db/data
    * Starting mysql server
    * Loading schema /opt/zimbra/db/db.sql
    * Loading version from /opt/zimbra/db/versions-init.sql
    * Setting random password for mysql root user in zimbra local config
    * Setting random password for mysql zimbra user in zimbra local config
    * Changing mysql root user password
    * Changing mysql zimbra user password
    * Changed zimbra mysql user password
    COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e zimbra_server_hostname=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com
    COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e ldap_host=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com
    COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e ldap_port=389
    COMMAND: /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmldapinit
    Started slapd: pid 25352
    adding new entry "cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=admins,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=object,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=url,cn=object,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=phone,cn=object,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=tracking,cn=object,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=po,cn=object,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=cos,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=default,cn=cos,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=servers,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-12.00) International Date Line West,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-11.00) Midway Island / Samoa,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-10.00) Hawaii,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-09.00) Alaska,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) / Tijuana,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-07.00) Arizona,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-07.00) Chihuahua / La Paz / Mazatlan,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-07.00) Mountain Time (US & Canada),cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-06.00) Central America,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-06.00) Central Time (US & Canada),cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-06.00) Guadalajara / Mexico City / Monterrey,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-06.00) Saskatchewan,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-05.00) Bogota / Lima / Quito,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-05.00) Eastern Time (US & Canada),cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-05.00) Indiana (East),cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-04.00) Atlantic Time (Canada),cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-04.00) Caracas / La Paz,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-04.00) Santiago,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-03.30) Newfoundland,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-03.00) Brasilia,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-03.00) Buenos Aires / Georgetown,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-03.00) Greenland,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-02.00) Mid-Atlantic,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-01.00) Azores,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT-01.00) Cape Verde Is.,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT) Casablanca / Monrovia,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT) Greenwich Mean Time - Dublin / Edinburgh / Lisbon / London,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+01.00) Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+01.00) Belgrade / Bratislava / Budapest / Ljubljana / Prague,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+01.00) Brussels / Copenhagen / Madrid / Paris,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+01.00) Sarajevo / Skopje / Warsaw / Zagreb,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+01.00) West Central Africa,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+02.00) Athens / Beirut / Istanbul / Minsk,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+02.00) Bucharest,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+02.00) Cairo,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+02.00) Harare / Pretoria,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+02.00) Helsinki / Kyiv / Riga / Sofia / Tallinn / Vilnius,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+02.00) Jerusalem,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+03.00) Baghdad,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+03.00) Kuwait / Riyadh,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+03.00) Moscow / St. Petersburg / Volgograd,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+03.00) Nairobi,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+03.30) Tehran,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+04.00) Abu Dhabi / Muscat,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+04.00) Baku / Tbilisi / Yerevan,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+04.30) Kabul,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+05.00) Ekaterinburg,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+05.00) Islamabad / Karachi / Tashkent,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+05.30) Chennai / Kolkata / Mumbai / New Delhi,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+05.45) Kathmandu,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+06.00) Almaty / Novosibirsk,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+06.00) Astana / Dhaka,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+06.00) Sri Jayawardenepura,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+06.30) Rangoon,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+07.00) Bangkok / Hanoi / Jakarta,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+07.00) Krasnoyarsk,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+08.00) Beijing / Chongqing / Hong Kong / Urumqi,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+08.00) Irkutsk / Ulaan Bataar,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+08.00) Kuala Lumpur / Singapore,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+08.00) Perth,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+08.00) Taipei,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+09.00) Osaka / Sapporo / Tokyo,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+09.00) Seoul,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+09.00) Yakutsk,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+09.30) Adelaide,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+09.30) Darwin,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+10.00) Brisbane,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+10.00) Canberra / Melbourne / Sydney,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+10.00) Guam / Port Moresby,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+10.00) Hobart,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+10.00) Vladivostok,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+11.00) Magadan / Solomon Is. / New Calenodia,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+12.00) Auckland / Wellington,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+12.00) Fiji / Kamchatka / Marshall Is.,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=(GMT\+13.00) Nuku'alofa,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=message/rfc822,cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=text/html,cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=text/plain,cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=all,cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

COMMAND: zmprov cs osiris.zimbra.orolix.com
    27cc2f4b-2c41-11da-aa66-21507683926e
    COMMAND: zmprov cd zimbra.orolix.com
    29dd0d2e-2c41-11da-8cab-9d5b3c19dffe
    COMMAND: zmprov mcf zimbraDefaultDomainName zimbra.orolix.com
    COMMAND: zmprov ca admin@zimbra.orolix.com o9606430 zimbraIsAdminAccount TRUE
    2cc7d12a-2c41-11da-9691-cbeccd7372b9
    COMMAND: zmprov ms osiris.zimbra.orolix.com zimbraSmtpHostname osiris.zimbra.orolix.com
    COMMAND: id=`zmprov gs osiris.zimbra.orolix.com | grep zimbraId | awk '{print $2}'`; for i in `zmprov gc default | grep zimbraMailHostPool | sed 's/zimbraMailHostPool: //'`; do host="$host zimbraMailHostPool $i"; done; zmprov mc default $host zimbraMailHostPool $id
    COMMAND: /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmmtainit osiris.zimbra.orolix.com
    COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e av_notify_user=notify@osiris.zimbra.orolix.com
    COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e av_notify_domain=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com
    COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e snmp_notify=0
    COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e smtp_notify=0
    COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e snmp_trap_host=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com
    COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e smtp_source=none
    COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e smtp_destination=none
    COMMAND: zmsnmpinit
    creating /opt/zimbra/conf/swatchrc
    COMMAND: zmprov ms osiris.zimbra.orolix.com zimbraServiceInstalled ldap zimbraServiceInstalled mailbox zimbraServiceInstalled mta zimbraServiceInstalled antivirus zimbraServiceInstalled antispam zimbraServiceInstalled snmp
    COMMAND: zmprov ms osiris.zimbra.orolix.com zimbraServiceEnabled ldap zimbraServiceEnabled mailbox zimbraServiceEnabled mta zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus zimbraServiceEnabled antispam zimbraServiceEnabled snmp
    COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e zimbra_services="ldap mailbox mta antivirus antispam snmp"
    COMMAND: zmcreatecert
    ** Creating CA private key

Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
    .....++++++
    ..........++++++
    writing new private key to '/opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/ca/ca.key'
    -----
    ** Creating CA cert

Signature ok
    subject=/C=US/ST=N/A/L=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/CN=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com
    Getting Private key
    ** Importing CA

Certificate was added to keystore
    keytool error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts (Permission denied)
    ** Creating keystore

** Creating server cert request

** Signing cert request

Signature ok
    subject=/C=US/ST=NA/L=NA/O=Zimbra/OU=Zimbra/CN=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com
    Getting CA Private Key
    Signature ok
    subject=/C=US/ST=NA/L=NA/O=Zimbra/OU=Zimbra/CN=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com
    Getting Private key
    COMMAND: zmcertinstall mailbox
    ** Importing server cert

keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Failed to establish chain from reply
    COMMAND: zmtlsctl http
    COMMAND: zmcertinstall mta /opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/server/smtpd.crt /opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/ca/ca.key
    ** Importing server cert

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e ssl_allow_untrusted_certs=true
    COMMAND: zmcontrol startup
    Calling startup (osiris.zimbra.orolix.com)

perl /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmon &

RESPONSE: (Zimbra::Mon::serviceInfo)
            antispam
                    status              Running
            antivirus
            ldap
            mailbox
            mta
            snmp
                    status              Stopped
            host
                    ip                  192.168.120.49
                    name                osiris.zimbra.orolix.com
    COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -s > .localconfig.save.23765
    COMMAND: zmprov gs osiris.zimbra.orolix.com > .zmprov.osiris.zimbra.orolix.com.save.23765
    COMMAND: zmprov gacf osiris.zimbra.orolix.com > .zmprov.gacf.save.23765
    Notice the error:
    ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
    and also the previous error about certs.

As I said, before reinstall I cleaned up /opt/zimbra and verified the process and the ports.

Any other ideas?

----

Forgot to say, this is in my zimbra.log

Code:
    Sep 23 11:36:36 osiris postfix/cleanup[18379]: warning: dict_ldap_lookup: Search error -5: Timed out
    Sep 23 11:36:36 osiris postfix/cleanup[18379]: warning: 04073258B00: sender_canonical_maps map lookup problem for rodrigo@zimbra.orolix.com
    Last edited by rodrigoccurvo; 09-23-2005 at 09:05 AM.

Magically, after some pray and sacrifices to the Gods of technology, it started to work (all I did was some shutdown and startup, with the same instalation that gave me errors. Now I don't get errors not even in the logs). I still would like to know any possible causes to that.

I am receiving some errors on Firefox/FC3, and I'll post them at the "Users" forum.

Thanks again.