Thread: archived zcs packages?

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Default archived zcs packages?

Is there an archive of older packages we can download, like 4.5.8,4.5.9? There are various reasons that the community would need these, in particular moving servers/OS, recovering from botched upgrades etc.

NE has http://www.zimbra.com/products/downloads_previous.html

4.5.7 and older is on sourceforge, but there is no matching http://www.zimbra.com/community/downloads_previous.html to grab versions since the yahoo switch 4.5.8+

Could you go ahead and open something in bugzilla (you can't originally pick the proper category, but they'll move it to the right internal area of course)

Don't think you ever did so I made Bug 22314 - zimbra.com/community/downloads_previous.html
    (sorry in advance if you can't view it when it gets assigned to zcs-internal > website)

That said, it's a wise idea to hang onto the binaries of your current install, and keep them for at least a week after any upgrade. That way you have what you need in case of a minor explosion. . .

I routinely keep the current and last previous installation .gz file in /temp on my system, and a bunch more on a big hard drive on my workstation.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

thanks mmorse, i got distracted!

dwmtractor, thats standard practice, however there are situations where you would never have the package in the first place, eg. switching platforms (or possibly restoring from backup). btw /temp, or /tmp i assume is considered volatile and can be wiped at any point - in OSs like Solaris it is part of the VM and hence wiped at every reboot. I stash my installers in /var/tmp/zimbra, or /root/zimbra if i really want to keep them - each to their own of course.

Quote Originally Posted by dijichi2 View Post
    thanks mmorse, i got distracted!

dwmtractor, thats standard practice, however there are situations where you would never have the package in the first place, eg. switching platforms (or possibly restoring from backup).
    You're absolutely right, and I am not disputing the need for a systemwide archive.
    Quote Originally Posted by dijichi2 View Post
    btw /temp, or /tmp i assume is considered volatile and can be wiped at any point - in OSs like Solaris it is part of the VM and hence wiped at every reboot. I stash my installers in /var/tmp/zimbra, or /root/zimbra if i really want to keep them - each to their own of course.
    That depends on the OS. for Ubuntu 6.06 LTS, /tmp is volatile just as you describe (I discovered this the hard way, of course! ), but /temp is my own creation and survives reboots. Your mileage may vary--know your system!