Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zimlets not working on RC1 and RC2

Default Zimlets not working on RC1 and RC2

Ever since I upgraded from 4.5 to 5.0 Rc1 (and now RC2) none of the zimlets appear to work. I have undeployed and deployed them again, they show up just fine under the admin console and in the list of zimlets in the browser pane - but they simply do not work. No URLs underlined, no makes, no wikipedia - nothing.

I have so far ignored the issue once I read a comment somewhere 'not to bother, zimlets are all broken right now' but this is RC2 and I thought the issue would have been addressed.

There are various threads here on the subject but none seem to apply.

It is running under Opensuse 10.2 and now 10.3 and I have tried with Firefox under XP and Linux, with IE7 and I have not been able to see any errors. Everything else works fine, more or less.

Any ideas what else I can try?

Hi Rernst,
    There can be any number of reasons that zimlets don't show up.

Are the enabled? how about in the COS? Do you have firebug installed? If not, install it and look for errors.

FF, IE, or Safari?

It's Firefox and IE, haven't tried Safari. However, I do not believe the problem is browser related. The server runs on port 8080. I disabled the firewall on the server for this test.

Here an excerpt from Firebug:

soap:Receiversystem failure: Request not allowed on port 8080etail>service.FAILUREcom.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Request not allowed on port 8080
    2Code:service.FAILURE
    3 at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:183)
    4 at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:163)
    5 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:820)
    6 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(Ser vletHolder.java:487)
    7 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
    8 at com.zimbra.cs.zimlet.ZimletFilter.doFilter(ZimletF ilter.java:183)
    9 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
    10 at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserA gentFilter.java:81)
    11 at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter .java:132)
    12 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedCha in.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
    13 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(Se rvletHandler.java:360)
    14 at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle( SecurityHandler.java:216)
    15 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(Se ssionHandler.java:181)
    16 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(Co ntextHandler.java:712)
    17 at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebA ppContext.java:405)
    18 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection .handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
    19 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle (HandlerCollection.java:114)
    20 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    21 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(Re writeHandler.java:176)
    22 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(Ha ndlerWrapper.java:139)
    23 at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
    24 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(Htt pConnection.java:506)
    25 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.he aderComplete(HttpConnection.java:830)
    26 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser. java:514)
    27 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpPa rser.java:211)
    28 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnec tion.java:381)
    29 at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(Selec tChannelEndPoint.java:396)
    30 at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    etail>

I am sorry but this is a bit out of my league. Can someone tell me what this might be related to?

Bump.

Can the server no longer be run on a port other than 80?

Well, I don't know if that's what's causing the problem.

What if you change the server to port 80, do they work?

You know, the thought crossed my mind as I was typing this. Now how do I do this dynamically? Is there a command to do it or do I change the Tomcat configuration by hand?

If it is a bug, it's a jetty issue. We dont' use tomcat anymore.

Try

zmprov ms mail.domain.com zimbraMailPort 80
    zmmailboxdctl restart

The first command gives me

ERROR: service.INVALID_REQUEST (invalid request: port 993 conflict between zimbraImapSSLBindPort and zimbraImapSSLProxyBindPort on server xxxx

are you running IMAP Proxy/Nginx?

Gee, could I have inadvertently activated that? How do I turn it off?

I am sorry for my ignorance in this matter but I may very well have answered 'Y' during the upgrade install.