Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another cannot connect to server problem....

Default Yet Another cannot connect to server problem....

Hello all,
    I have just installed Zimbra M1 on FC4 cannot connect to the web interface at all, keep getting connection refused, also this keeps comming up in the install logs:

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.AuthenticationException [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials])

Any Ideas??

Thanks,

Matt

Default /etc/hosts?

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider2000
    Hello all,
    I have just installed Zimbra M1 on FC4 cannot connect to the web interface at all, keep getting connection refused, also this keeps comming up in the install logs:

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.AuthenticationException [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials])

Any Ideas??

Thanks,

Matt
    Was that the only error in the install log?

Was this a re-install? It could be that the re-installed ldap didn't start, and the passwords weren't set correctly.

Also could be /etc/hosts:

Make sure your /etc/hosts file has an entry like:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

If your hostname is listed first, sql connections can fail.

/etc/hosts is correct, with localhost on the first line.
    This is a reinstall, also i have tried completly reformatted and reinstalled fc4 also, and still cannont connect to webserver, always get the connection refused, have yet to seee the nice interface of zimbra on my box. haha

knightrider2000, probably what you need to do is step away from the computer and bring a licensed professional in to fix your problems. probably there is a capable geek near you. this is just a suggestion

Default /tmp/install.log.xxx

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider2000
    /etc/hosts is correct, with localhost on the first line.
    This is a reinstall, also i have tried completly reformatted and reinstalled fc4 also, and still cannont connect to webserver, always get the connection refused, have yet to seee the nice interface of zimbra on my box. haha
    Can you post the install log from your last installation? It sounds like your ldap instance isn't being initialized.

You're on FC4 - can you make sure you fix the ssl symlink issue that's covered in other posts in the installation forum?

Lightbulb

I installed Zimbra on a clean install of CentOS 4 and had a similar problem trying to connect to the admin interface.

I found in the hosts file localhost AND the server name (e.g. my.domain.com) were all on 127.0.0.1. Something like...

127.0.0.1 localhost my.domain.com my

I tried changing the server name to its actual IP address and that seemed to fix it. At least I can log in to the admin interface now. Like this...

127.0.0.1 localhost
    10.0.0.45 my.domain.com my

Worth a try ;-)

Default In the same boat...

I finally made my zimbra installation return the same error :

[root@chicago ~]# /etc/init.d/zimbra status
    Calling GetServiceInfoRequest (localhost.localdomain)

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost.localdomain:389)

But nothing I do seems to fix the problem

Quote Originally Posted by slott_hansen
    I finally made my zimbra installation return the same error :

[root@chicago ~]# /etc/init.d/zimbra status
    Calling GetServiceInfoRequest (localhost.localdomain)

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost.localdomain:389)

But nothing I do seems to fix the problem

Can you post your install log?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Can you post your install log?
    I see a few interesting issues - which might be related to the fact that I'm running a 64bit system as these "missing files" issues have been nagging me before with other apps. that normally work on a 32bit system...

Here are the interesting parts from myg log with my comments:

Code:
    /opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slappasswd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slappasswd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /opt/zimbra/openldap/libexec/slapd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Started slapd: pid
    /opt/zimbra/openldap/bin/ldapmodify: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    /opt/zimbra/openldap/bin/ldapmodify: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    The missing libssl is indeed installed and can be found here: /lib64/libssl.so.4

Code:
    COMMAND: zmprov cd chicagoherlev.dk
    COMMAND: zmprov mcf zimbraDefaultDomainName chicagoherlev.dk
    COMMAND: zmprov ca admin@chicagoherlev.dk rasterfari zimbraIsAdminAccount TRUE
    COMMAND: id=`zmprov gs localhost.localdomain | grep zimbraId | awk '{print $2}'`; for i in `zmprov gc default | grep zimbraMailHostPool | sed 's/zimbraMailHostPool: //'`; do host="$host zimbraMailHostPool\
     $i"; done; zmprov mc default $host zimbraMailHostPool $id
    zmprov [cmd] [args ...]
    This error is a bit more hard to read - but it seems to be related to a connection error...

Code:
    COMMAND: zmprov ms localhost.localdomain zimbraServiceInstalled ldap zimbraServiceInstalled mailbox zimbraServiceInstalled mta zimbraServiceInstalled antivirus zimbraServiceInstalled antispam zimbraServic\
    eInstalled snmp
    COMMAND: zmprov ms localhost.localdomain zimbraServiceEnabled ldap zimbraServiceEnabled mailbox zimbraServiceEnabled mta zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus zimbraServiceEnabled antispam zimbraServiceEnabled s\
    nmp
    Not sure - maybe another connection issue...

Code:
    Can't load '/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi//auto/DBI/DBI.so' for module DBI: /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi//auto/DBI/DBI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such \
    file or directory at /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
     at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi//DBI.pm line 254
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi//DBI.pm line 254.
    Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/Mon/Admin.pm line 37.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/Mon/Admin.pm line 37.
    Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/Mon/StatusMon.pm line 35.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Zimbra/Mon/StatusMon.pm line 35.
    Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmon line 41.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmon line 41.
    Soap call failed: 500 Can't connect to localhost:7777 (connect: Connection refused) at /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol line 230

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -s > .localconfig.save.6648
    COMMAND: zmprov gs localhost.localdomain > .zmprov.localhost.localdomain.save.6648
    COMMAND: zmprov gacf localhost.localdomain > .zmprov.gacf.save.6648

The first error is the problem. Please check this post and add the missing links.

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=16