Thread: The server appears to be slow to respond

Hybrid View

Default The server appears to be slow to respond

Greetings,

I'm still learning the ropes around here, I've taken kind of a crash course on installing Zimbra in the past couple weeks and successfully worked around several problems myself and with the help of these here forums.

Currently I have 3 machines running OpenSuSE 10.2 and Zimbra (the Open Source version 5.0 GA).

ztest0 - Runs everything except for LDAP and Proxy
    ztest1 - Runs everything except for LDAP and Proxy
    ztest2 - Runs LDAP, Logger and created the domain ztest.

(I know I foolish installed logger on ztest0 and ztest1 and maybe that's part of my problem).

Accounts that were (randomly?) created on ztest0 seem to have no problems.

Accounts that were created on ztest1 folks are reporting a couple of errors to me. Namely when they try to send email via the web client they first see a screen that reads:

Work In Progress:
    The server appears to be slow to respond, and may be unavailable. Press the button to cancel your request.

After a few more moments, the get a popup that reads:

Zimbra:
    ( ! ) A network service error has occurred.
    Send Error Report Show Details OK

Show Details:
    msg: system failure: MessagingException
    code: service.FAILURE
    method: ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    detail: soap:Receiver

I have seen some of these same errors in the mailbox.log file in /opt/zimbra/log I can paste some of the contents of that if necessary, but I currently do not know how to get around this error.

Any help would be appreciated, and I will answer any questions the best I can.

Thank you.
    ./brm

Go ahead and attach some logs (you can tail -f /opt/zimbra/log/zmmailboxd.out & mailbox.log then recreate the error if needed to keep the size down a bit - you might need to rename .txt if using the forum attachment feature).

The 'randomly assigned' is based on the COS > Server Pool tab in the admin console.

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announc...5-0-1-out.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had a similar problem and it had to do with my SSL Certificates. I had generated a new self-assigned certificate and changed the common name from 'mydomain.ca' to 'webmail.mydomain.ca'. I regenerated the certificates with the old settings and the problem was solved.

Default SSL Cert Causing slow Webclient Problems

I know this is an old thread and I'm hijacking it but could fizi or someone please advise how we can change the SSL cert to stop these slow performance issues.

I originally installed the server with a self signed certificate with the wrong domain name, so I have recreated the cert now and if fizi is correct it may be causing my performance issues. Could someone please shed some light on why this may be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by oneitnz View Post
    I know this is an old thread and I'm hijacking it but could fizi or someone please advise how we can change the SSL cert to stop these slow performance issues.

I originally installed the server with a self signed certificate with the wrong domain name, so I have recreated the cert now and if fizi is correct it may be causing my performance issues. Could someone please shed some light on why this may be happening.
    I believe I followed this instructions for re-creating a self-assigned certificate.

Recreating a Self-Signed SSL Certificate in ZCS 4.5 & 5.0 - Zimbra :: Wiki