Thread: Checking 'External' email?

Hybrid View

Default Checking 'External' email?

Greetings,

I am wondering if you can setup Zimbra to check 'outside' email addresses?

Example:

Zimbra is authoritative over a domain I own, 'mydomain.com' and I have mailboxes, everything is happy.

But I'd like to have the web interface show me mail from other SMTP / POP accounts I may have, so it acts like a POP/SMTP client.

myname@google.com (They support POP and SMTP)
    myname@rogers.com (My ISP mail)

I'd like to consolidate all my addresses into one WEB interface, is this possible with Zimbra?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums,
    Sure you can do account aggregation!
    4.5.x supports external POP accounts in the web-client
    5.0.x supports both external POP & IMAP accounts in the web-client (plus periodic checking - so you don't have to hit 'get mail')

You can try it out in the 5.0.1 Hosted Demo
    Go to the Preferences tab > Accounts tab > Add External Account.
    With the hosted demo you can't change the 'from' address (for anti-spammer reasons), but you do have that ability if you install your own

Default Periodic checking??

Is the periodic checking turned on by default? I have a couple of external accounts set up and the only way the external mail shows up is by clicking the get mail button? I started seeing this when I switched to outlook with zcs and realized I was never getting my external mail.

Is there a script I can run via cron for it to get external mail without having to log into the zimbra web client.

Thanks.

Default Same here

I have exactly the same problen (ZCS 5.0.1). Mail from external POP accounts is downloaded only when I hit the 'Get Mail' button. Also I think that this way there is no AV and antispam check.

To solve both problems I have installed the WINE Windows emulator on my ZCS server and downloaded and installed the excellent program POP2SMTP from www.skittel.de/POP2SMTP.php
    Regards

Jack

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Check the forums for details on how to enable the download from external accounts. You can also search bugzilla for any outstanding bugs on external mail download and anti-spam, vote for anything you find.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Try:
    zmprov mds records@domain.com [Data source external IMAP/POP account name] zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval 300s
    zimbraDataSourceMinPollingInterval is usually 60s or 1m or 2m & zimbraFeatureMailPollingIntervalPreferenceEnabled should be set to TRUE

To cancel polling, set the attribute value to an empty string ("") or 0.
    Keep in mind that zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval gets inherited from the COS to the account to the data source. If a child object sets the value to "" it inherits the parent's value - if set to 0 it's turned off.

Bug 22114 - Expose external account polling interval in UI (of course at an admin minimum time allowed to not increase the load too much...)