Thread: Zimbra Cluster - Added New Mailstore Node and It's Missing conf/tomcat Files

Question Zimbra Cluster - Added New Mailstore Node and It's Missing conf/tomcat Files

Howdy,

I've just added two new mailstore nodes to our Zimbra cluster and ran into a problem with one of them. I can get Zimbra to start without any warnings, but nothing is listening on any of the web ports (80,443,7071).

I think I finally tracked it down to the fact that there is no /opt/zimbra-cluster/mountpoints/zimbra9.my.domain/conf/tomcat directory.

I've looked at the other servers and that directory exists, but not on this server.

I tried to do an "upgrade-node.pl" to reinstall the Zimbra packages, and it ran through the upgrade, but when it got to where it wanted to copy files into that conf/tomcat location it failed and complained that it did not exist.

What to do? Can I just copy that conf/tomcat directory structure from another server? I imagine that they are custom to each server so I would have to grep out the other server name and replace it with this server's name....would that work or is there an easier way?

There are a bunch of errors in the /tmp/zmsetup.log.X relating to the missing conf/tomcat stuff. I'd post it but I don't want to go through the hassle of cleansing all my passwords out of it. I'll see if I can find some of the relevant errors and post them below.

Thanks,
    Matt

Code:
    Certificate was added to keystore
    keytool error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/zimbra/tomcat/conf/keystore (No such file or directory)
    checking isEnabled zimbra-mta
    zimbra-mta is not enabled
    Code:
    Done
    checking isEnabled zimbra-store
    zimbra-store is enabled
    Initializing Documents...
    COS attribute retrieved for COS default: zimbraFeatureNotebookEnabled=TRUE
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov mc default zimbraFeatureNotebookEnabled TRUE
    [] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    [] INFO: Retrying request
    [] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke Connection refused, server: localhost) (cause: java.net.ConnectException Connection refused)
    Code:
    Restarting tomcat...
    *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/tomcat restart
    wc: /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/catalina.out: No such file or directory
    wc: /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/catalina.out: No such file or directory
    /opt/zimbra/bin/tomcat: line 129: /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/stacktrace.20848: No such file or directory
    sed: can't read /opt/zimbra/tomcat/conf/server.xml: No such file or directory
    sed: can't read /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/zimbra/WEB-INF/web.xml: No such file or directory
    Done

As everything starts, I suppose the node correctly appears in the adminUI and/or LDAP doesn't it ?

Correct...it does appear in the Admin UI, but when I try to go to it to configure a setting I get an error.

The clustat command also shows it running....but that's just Redhat Cluster....it has no idea if the web/admin UIs are actually listening.

Not getting much response from this....but it may not matter.

Maybe I can just uninstall Zimbra, removing the node from the cluster, make sure my /opt/zimbra, and cluster mountpoints are empty....and start the cluster install over.

I was reviewing the uninstall procedures in the wiki (UnInstall Zimbra - Zimbra :: Wiki) but they don't say anything about removing a node from a cluster. Is it enough to just uninstall the Zimbra packages?

Thanks,
    Matt

Matt, did you ask the support ?