Thread: ldap error 2304

Default ldap error 2304

The first time I installed Zimbra it installed and worked (no dns). Well I uninstalled it because I thought it would be easier to configure DNS then reinstall Zimbra, but now I'm getting ldap errors. I can't seem to find any info on 2304....

I'm running RHEL 4 64bit, and Zimbra 5.0.1

Initializing ldap...Running as zimbra user : /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmldapinit is only available with the XS version at /opt/Zimbra/Zimbramon/lib/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 30
    Begin failed- compilation aborted at /opt/zimbar/zimbarmon/lib/IO/Socket/SSL.pm line 30.
    Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbar/zimbarmon/lib/Net/LDAP.pm line 970. failed (2304)

Error

Configuration failed

Welcome to the forums,
    5.0.x GA ships an XS compiled version of Scalar::Util in its perl modules for RHEL4. So before that jump as root, read the ~zimbra/.bashrc, and set the PERLLIB and PERL5LIB environment variables to match what the zimbra user does, and then try installing.
    You're setting the perl bits in the root environment similar to what is in the zimbra user's, is, as root, run these at the shell on RHEL4:
    export PERLLIB=/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib:/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi
    export PERLLIB
    PERL5LIB=$PERLLIB
    export PERL5LIB
    This should tell perl to use the Zimbra perl libraries before using the system perl libraries.

The root of the problem is that RedHat, for whatever reason, decided to build Scalar::Util without XS support on 32-bit RHEL4. RHEL4 64-bit, RHEL5, and RHEL5 64-bit did not have this issue. But in order to have consistency though, for 5.0.1 we shipped Scalar::Util for all of those, so that our perl builds are identical regardless of platform.
    Just curious - what's your perl version show as? (perl -v)

using version v5.8.8 x86_64-linux-thread-multi

I'm using RHEL4 64 bit, should I not be seeing this problem?

tried exporting these env variables, then I reran zmsetup.pl, same error. I'll keep trying.

Thanks for the welcome, forgot to mention it.

I've been using this forum the last 2 days trying to come up with different things to try. I'm guessing since Zimbra was the first thing I installed after building the machine, everything went fine. I then added some other apps (bugzilla, zentrack, mediaWiki), which must have altered the state of the machine.

I'll probably continue to work on it another day or 2, worst case is a rebuild with Zimbra as the first app installed.

Thanks for the quick response too.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

this has been discussed endlessly on the forums (hint: search for centos XS). looks like you're running an upgraded and unsupported version of perl.

for some unknown reason the forum strips out XS as search term...
    link: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...pported-5.html
    Last edited by dijichi2; 01-24-2008 at 12:31 PM.