Hi all, first I'd like to say that Zimbra is a really awsome product, keep up the good work!

I'm trying to install Zimbra on a VPS, which of course is difficult. I've googled for hours on all sorts tweaks and hacks to get in installed properly, but still no go

I have a VPS on euroVPS, with 512 MB guaranteed and 1024 MB burst RAM. Only planning on running it with less than 10 users. But I can't get it to install properly, which is odd when I see people running Zimbra with 256 MB ram?

The install goes well all until the end, I'll paste part of the log from where things start to go wrong, of course the java is acting up:

Code:
*** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov -l mcf zimbraComponentAvailable ''
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Could not create the Java virtual machine.
*** Running as zimbra user: zmlocalconfig -u trial_expiration_date
Error: key trial_expiration_date is not set
Notification skipped
Starting servers...
*** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol start
Host e-post.cc
Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.
Unable to determine enabled services. Cache is out of date or doesn't exist.
done.
checking isEnabled zimbra-store
zimbra-store is enabled
Checking for deprecated zimlets...
Getting local config zimbra_ldap_password
ldap bind done for uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra
processing ldap search results
done.
Installing zimlets...

com_zimbra_cert_manager
*** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmzimletctl -l deploy zimlets/com_zimbra_cert_manager.zip
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Could not create the Java virtual machine.

[...]
From what I can tell, because the initial LDAP VM fails, then the rest fails too. Java is a hungry thing, looks at the server's total amount of RAM, but as far as I have read, I can limit how much memory it consumes at a time.

Is there anything I can do (except getting more RAM heh) to hack it? Send in some paramaters? Compile it myself? Install manually? install parts at a time?

I appreciate any help, would love to get it working, I'll even make a how-to if I do