Thread: Installing Zimbra on a preview Server running apache and PHP

Default Installing Zimbra on a preview Server running apache and PHP

Hi all,

I'm new on Zimbra. I've installed Zimbra perfectly on a server, but I got a problem.

My preview apache settings has gone and PHP is not working for phpMyAdmin, for exemple.

I would like to know if is it possible to get zimbra runing on a server that is already running these services.

Regards,

Fabiano Martins

Default Short Answer

The short answer is, no, it's not worth the hassle. (I think) the long answer is yes, but if you are just tasting Zimbra, do yourself a favor: use a dedicated server for it. If you don't have one, you can use a virtual machine. VMWare Server is free, regardless of what operating system you are using. That's how I started out, and I wound up hosting a decently big installation (~70 users) in a (much upgraded) virtual server. However, if you decide to disregard this advice, here are instructions for doing so: Zimbra with Apache using mod jk - mod proxy - mod proxy ajp - Zimbra :: Wiki

Ok!!

I'm using a test enviroment. So, I've checked the system config and I've tried to install Zimbra just without httpd. As Zimbra uses the jetty as webserver everything seems to be ok. Do you think I'll have some king of problem?

Regards,

Fabiano Martins

Default Ports

I've never tried setting Zimbra up with less than a full install. Wanted to once, but decided that it wasn't worth the trouble. Like I said before, you'd probably do better setting it up on a dedicated server. I know that if you have both Apache and Zimbra running, only one of them can use port 80. Is there a particular reason that you want to have Apache and Zimbra on the same server?