Thread: Need help now

Default Need help now

I have read all the forum and i still have problems.

This is my situation runing in a WhiteBox 4 (like redhat EL 4):

1) i have configured the /etc/hosts file and its ok.
    2) i installed all the packages needed for the zimbra pack
    3) i installed the zimbra pack y its all work perfectly

I get inside the zimbra webmail and work perfectly but i canīt never get into the amdin page. I think there is a problem with the Ajax or the java.

I want to know wath is the minimun hardware requirement to install the zimbra and how can i do to install it with less resourses. And i want to know if i can get in the admin page remotley becouse i get in the admin page but locally and when i want to login i canīt becouse it tell me that the user admin does not exist.

Thank a lot.

Minimum hardware is in the Quick Start guide here:

http://www.zimbra.com/downloads/zimb...ick_start.html

When logging in as an admin you must use the full domain. So like admin@mydomain.com. Is that what you are trying?

thanks, but i donīt understand wy i can get in the admin web localy with 127.0.0.1 but i cant get in throw the lan, for example, 192.168.0.200.

i would like to know what is wrong with this.

thanks

Are you getting an error? If so what is it? Do you have DNS on your client configured for that IP?

Default /etc/hosts

Quote Originally Posted by exentrius
    thanks, but i donīt understand wy i can get in the admin web localy with 127.0.0.1 but i cant get in throw the lan, for example, 192.168.0.200.

i would like to know what is wrong with this.

thanks
    This is almost certainly an /etc/hosts problem - we didn't detect an ip for your box other than 127.0.0.1, so when we set up the port forwarding, we're only forwarding localhost.

As root, iptables -t nat -L will show the forwarding - if your hostname is listed, and resolves as 127.0.0.1, that's the problem.

Make sure your hostname shows up in /etc/hosts, NOT on the 127.0.0.1 line - then run /opt/zimbra/bin/zmiptables -u, followed by zmiptables -i