Thread: installin zimbra on centos 64 bit problem

Hybrid View

Default installin zimbra on centos 64 bit problem

I installed zimbra on centos 4.2 64bit.
    Antispam, antivirus, logger and snmp are stopped and if i try to start the service I receive the following error

ERROR: MISSING REQUIRED BASIC MODULES:
    Time::HiRes
    Unix::Syslog
    Compress::Zlib
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/amavisd/sbin/amavisd line 148.

I have installed all libraries (zlib included)but if I run the command again, the same error still occurs.

I have tried to export mi PERLLIB

su - zimbra
    export PERLLIB=''............. (path obtained with command "perl -V")
    but if I run the command again, the same error still occurs.

any idea?

Default Perllib

Add your perl lib path to the PERLLIB variable in /opt/zimbra/.bashrc, and re-try.

Also, this helps too (same file, after "export PERLLIB"):
    PERL5LIB=${PERLLIB}

export PERL5LIB

Unhappy re:perlib

in /opt/zimbra/.bashrc I had alredy

PERLLIB=/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib:/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi:/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i586-linux-thread-multi:/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level
    export PERLLIB

I added the follow lines:

PERL5LIB=${PERLLIB}
    export PERL5LIB

but doesn't work! I have the same error when I try to start amavis

Default 64 bit

sounds like it's not going to work.

Default Difference between CentOS and RHEL (64 bit)

I have Zimbra running fine, with no quirks, on a RHEL 4 ES u3 (32 bit OS)* server that I set up about 2 weeks ago.

On a 2nd server, instead of Red Hat, I used CentOS 4.3 (64 bit), which is supposed to be binary compatible w/RHEL 4 u3 (64 bit), same source code, etc.

But i'm getting the same symptoms as Luca, although I don't get any warnings about missing modules. As zimbra user (su - zimbra), the command "zmcontrol start" shows all services as starting successfully (usually, a few times the MTA has failed).

However, a check with zmcontrol status then shows that anti-spam, anti-virus, logger and snmp are stopped.

I can log into the admin account's email (but not the admin panel, for some reason, despite firewall ports being set the same on both machines) on the CentOS box, and create an email, etc.

This is totally not your guys job, to test out a product that is advertised for Red Hat on CentOS, but have you done any testing internally that has shown differences in Zimbra running on one vs. the other?

Or should I cave in and buy another Red Hat subscription?

[ Note that I edited this post: The 1st server is at a dedicated hosting facility, and although the CPU is EMT64, the guys who installed RHEL used the 32 bit version, not the 64 bit].

***UPDATE:

So I'm going to do my Linux-newbie best to try to figure out how to set the env vars so that PERLLIB and PERL5LIB are pointing to the right 64-bit libraries for zimbra user context (did that make sense?). From the posts above, and RobRankin (thanks for the help!) it seems like just editing the .bashrc file (?).

If I get it working, I'll post newbie-friendly tips (it's been a looonggg time since I was working on a *nix system, and that was Solaris...
    Last edited by Kirkaiya; 03-29-2006 at 08:29 AM.

The problem is probably the order of paths in PERLLIB in the Zimbra users environment. Change the order so perl looks in your systems perl install for the needed modules first, and it will all work.

I've got Zimbra running on RHEL4 64bit and everything works as long as you:

1.) make sure all the needed perl modules are available in 64bit perl (install them all from CPAN)
    2.) change the zimbra user's environment to use those modules, instead of the ones included with Zimbra.

Do a 'find . -name *.pm' in /opt/zimbra and you can get a good idea of what you need in your system perl paths.

Default Thank you Rob - any chance you can give some more pointers?

Hi - result of find . -name *.pm in the zimbra opt directory was a *lot* of stuff, the paths mostly seemed to be:

.... /zimbramon/lib/Mail/
    .... /zimbramon/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin
    .... /zimbramon/lib/Convert
    .... /zimbramon/lib/MIME/
    .... /zimbramon/lib/MIME/Field
    .... /zimbramon/lib/LWP
    .... /zimbramon/lib/Archive
    .... /zimbramon/lib/Archive/Zip
    .... /zimbramon/lib/SOAP
    .... /zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi

(in above, .... means the full path to that point). But based on the different outputs of perl -V (from root context vs. zimbra context), I was wondering whether something like:

Code:
    PERLIB=/usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5:/usr/lib64/perl5
    /site_perl/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/x86_64-linux-thre
    ad-multi:/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/usr/lib64/perl5/site_per
    l/5.8.2/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:
    /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/x86_64-linux-thread-multi:/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib:/opt/zim
    bra/zimbramon/lib/i386-linux-thread-multi:/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i486-linux-gnu-thread-mul
    ti:/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/i586-linux-thread-multi:/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-
    multi-2level
    in the .bashrc file in /opt/zimbra would accomplish this? It's late where I am, and my brain is dead, so that's just appending the main paths from root context perl paths to the .bashrc for zimbra.... Is there any chance you'd be willing to post the PERLLIB line from your working 64-bit install? I would be very much in your debt, thanks in advance for any tips, and I appreciate your help. I'm sort of learning as I go...

Are you (any of you) using the RHEL binaries from zimbra and just updating the .pms or are you doing this from source as others have suggested when doing a 64 bit install. I ask this mainly cause I'm in a pickle in that my Atlon X2 4400+ system won't take a 32 bit CentOS install, it fails after ~50% of "Performing Post Install Configuration" but 64 bit installs perfect every time I've code named my Zimbra Project as "Murphy" ...

Any way looking at the source code download it looks like its a version behind the binary downloads, (which I'm running on a P4 3ghz laptop ) And it doesn't look like it's gunna be an easy ./configure, make, make install to build it anyway.

OK OK I guess I'm venting a little but I'm under the gun and need to have a viable solution sooner rather than later... anybody have anything

TIA