Thread: Intermittent issue (issue# 5852) ?

Hybrid View

Question Intermittent issue (issue# 5852) ?

First of all, I'd like to congratulate on all zimbra crew members ! You guys are great and awesome in creating this GA version ! The upgrade is snap and extremely easy to install without any issue, even on the OSS version. I was on SuSEES9 M3 version yesterday and am now on GA version. The GA version seems to run very stable and smooth, and clear up errors when I update my Options.

However, the Intermittent issue (Issue # 5852 from the Zimbra 3.0 OS Release Notes) regarding opening a message is pain. I did the upgrade yesterday and didn't recognize this until today. I tried to follow the get-around approach -- close the message window, refresh, and reopen the message. This seems to work, but when I do the "refresh" by clicking on the "Reload" button of the Web browser (Firefox 1.0.7), the page appears reloading with the splash screen as if when I was logging into my account and then brought me back to my inbox.

The most annoying part is that I have to do the refresh like this everytime when I check each email message. If I have 20 to 50 messages sitting for me to read them, I'd have to do the refresh 20 to 50 times in order for me to read them all. ;o(

I know that when I was using zimbra M3 version with the same Firefox 1.0.7 version client Web browser, I didn't have this issue. This tells me that it is something related to GA version itself.

When do you think that the patch for this will come and have this fixed ?

Another issue is not critical but nice to see it happen in the future release. After I have modified my option, I will not see any change until I log out and log back into my account again. An example would be to change from "conversation" to "message" mode to display the inbox message.

What do you think ?

Thanks,
    nick20

We are looking at it. Your not the first to notice it. You can even see it's our CEO who reported this bug. So as soon as we find a fix we'll try to get an update released. At least for me on FF 1.5 on don't see it that much and from reports Firefox 1.5 seems to reduce the impact of this issue.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.