Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The mailbox and mta dies in FC4 GA version

I'm seeing similar symptoms to this as well. I'll have to get stacktraces etc. for you.

The system was running M1->M3 for several months without issue, after upgrading to GA the server died after a week or so and then would only stay up for a day or so at a time. I upgraded to 3.0.1 and the system had been running fine up until Thursday of last week, now it dies within hours of starting.

OS is FC4, plenty of disk space.

Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC
    I'm seeing similar symptoms to this as well. I'll have to get stacktraces etc. for you.

The system was running M1->M3 for several months without issue, after upgrading to GA the server died after a week or so and then would only stay up for a day or so at a time. I upgraded to 3.0.1 and the system had been running fine up until Thursday of last week, now it dies within hours of starting.

OS is FC4, plenty of disk space.

Justin.
    Can you attach the stacks? Are they before or after the server died? Is you system updated via yum? How much RAM do you have?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Can you attach the stacks? Are they before or after the server died? Is you system updated via yum? How much RAM do you have?
    I'll try and catch the stacks on the weekend, they seem to happen before the server dies. Sometimes it stays up for hours, sometimes minutes. The system is updated from the original install of FC4 via yum but hasn't been updated for about 2 weeks.

The system has 512MB of RAM with 1G swap, it is used only for Zimbra. We've only got about 10 users and at most two users running the web client concurrently. The same system worked fine pre GA. I have once seen it run out of memory (and swap) directly after a reboot from a crash. There were no users on the system at the time so I'm not sure why it was using up so much memory. I've run memtest86 on the system and it hasn't picked up any errors.