Thread: Blank gray screen on admin ... fresh install FC4

Default Blank gray screen on admin ... fresh install FC4

Everything seemed to install ok ... no errors etc ... but when I got to https://server:7071/zimbraAdmin ... I get a blank gray zimbra screen as if it loaded w/o the form to enter id/password. When I just load the user menu and try to log in w/ admin@domain.com and the admin password, I get ...

An unknown application error has occurred. Please correct any errors and retry. If the problem persists, please contact your System Aministrator. (INVALID_PDU)

Default zmcontrol status?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrygarcia4295
    Everything seemed to install ok ... no errors etc ... but when I got to https://server:7071/zimbraAdmin ... I get a blank gray zimbra screen as if it loaded w/o the form to enter id/password. When I just load the user menu and try to log in w/ admin@domain.com and the admin password, I get ...

An unknown application error has occurred. Please correct any errors and retry. If the problem persists, please contact your System Aministrator. (INVALID_PDU)
    Is everything running?

Default nope ...

logger and mailbox stopped

Default stopped services

logger and mailbox stopped
    That's probably the issue.

Default LOL ... thanks

any insight into why it wouldn't start on it's own ... I'm assuming it is supposed to when you answer "yes" to the "start the services" question and/or on a restart. Most of the info I've found in the forums involves upgrades or running stuff on non stardard ports ... I did a fresh install of both FC4 and Zimbra.

Default Fixed

Uninstall and Re-install ... everything working perfectly. Anyone care to guess why? I know there is not a lot of info in this thread, but I find it odd that a generic default install on a generic fresh install of the OS would fail out of the gate like that. I received no odd errors or anything like that on either install ... both installs appeared to me to be exactly the same in terms of what I entered and what the script spit out as the install proceeded. I suppose it could just be an anomoly, but if there are gotchas to look out for, I'd like to know what they are ... I would like to move to the network version of this, and I'm involved w/ someone interested in being a hosting provider for this ... would like to know how close to being ready for prime time it is ... anyone using this on a larger scale right now?

Did ever look in /tmp/install.log or zmsetup.log? Those are usually the place to find install hiccups.

We have customers running 5 digits of mailboxes today, those are just the installs we know of.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Default Thanks for the info

I looked at those logs and didn't see anything I thought was strange, but I don't necessarily know what I'm looking for ... I'm trying not to be too thick here, but I'm a little surprised that I don't get some kind of error message during/after install that tells me right away that some of the critical pieces didn't start correctly and refer me to the log files ... I guess what I'm saying is that I'm less concerned that the install didn't go perfectly than I am about there being no indication other than it not working that anything was wrong ... especially on the initial install.

I'm glad to hear there are some large installs currently running ... I know this is getting a little off the "install" topic, but if you could refer me to someone who is hosting this, I would like to purchase and account so I can test run this for a while on something that is being hammered everyday in a real world environment ... does that yet exist?

I know this is getting a little off the "install" topic, but if you could refer me to someone who is hosting this, I would like to purchase and account so I can test run this for a while on something that is being hammered everyday in a real world environment ... does that yet exist?
    We are working with many hosting providers, at this time none are public. There are a couple options to achieve what your asking for. You should contact partners@zimbra.com and Andy should be able to help you.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.