Hi all,

Just installed 5.0.4 (typical that after that 5.0.5 comes out), and I used the "Zimbra on OpenSuSE 10.3" instructions.

So far I've been able to receive mail on the one account I set up, but sending is bounced with a "sender not accepted" message, and in the logs it appears Zimbra's MTA seems to consider the sending a relay attempt.

The mailbox.log is full of SOAP failures, in the middle we find (email target replaced):

Caused by: com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailSender$SafeSendFailedExc eption: 554 5.7.1 : Relay access denied
; chained exception is:
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPAddressFailedException: 554 5.7.1 : Relay access denied

Interesting is that it appears the management console is also not able to authenticate properly, I can't see mail queue or anything else (comes up with some SOAP error).

Further research shows that the management console on port 7071 also not kosher is: I get virtually every server function (queue check, for instance), thrown back at me with some SOAP auth problem message.

Here's mailbox.log when that happens (domain name replaced with mydomain.net):

2008-04-23 23:31:53,226 INFO [btpool0-41] [name=admin@mydomain.net;ip=127.0.0.1;ua=ZimbraWebC lient - IE6 (Win);] SoapEngine - handler exception
com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: exception during auth {RemoteManager: sys.mydomain.net->zimbra@sys.mydomain.net:22}
ExceptionId:btpool0-41:1208986313226:c3fbc78efa001c67
Code:service.FAILURE
at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)
at com.zimbra.cs.rmgmt.RemoteManager.getSession(Remot eManager.java:192)
(it goes on like this).

but it appears virtually nothing else works, coming up with SOAP errors. Maybe my hosts file is wrong, it looks a bit of a mess IMHO anyway:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

# special IPv6 addresses
::1 localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback
fe00::0 ipv6-localnet
ff00::0 ipv6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ipv6-allnodes
ff02::2 ipv6-allrouters
ff02::3 ipv6-allhosts
127.0.0.2 sys.mydomain.com sys
123.123.123.123 sys.mydomain.com sys

I'm not a complete novice but I'm new to Zimbra and how it does things. It thus seems logical that I have possibly done something simple wrong (the "duh" factor). Would anyone have a feeling where I screwed up?

Thanks in advance,

= CH =