Ah - so if I read this correctly, the reason this didn't work before was because the COS needs to have it enabled first before it works at user level.
All works now. Next challenges:
- automating the "external account" email pickup so users don't have to press a button (the machine should run a fetchmail automatically every so often)
- finding a way to make Zimbra and vTiger (.org, a more open fork off SugarCRM) work with eachother re group calendaring without putting EXchange in the middle of it
- getting on-air sync going for all mobile devices (i.e. SyncML or similar).
- finding out who could host this for us. We have a local Zimbra provider, but we have quite specific needs re. logon and data security (plus adding vTiger to the mix is not going to help, I think we may have to brew this at home and disaster proof it with offsite mirroring or similar)
- see which version is best suited for our needs. Open Source is good for experiments and getting a feeling for "fit" but we need support as I expect my userbase to grow from 10 or so to over a hundred. If any more "advanced" version has the vTiger integration sorted I don't think anyone will put up a budget fight :-).
Cheers - your help was very welcome and has given product confidence.
Release: 5.0.18 Commercially hosted