Thread: Cannot connect to localhost:25 after uninstall of Zimbra

Hybrid View

Cool Cannot connect to localhost:25 after uninstall of Zimbra

Hi all,

just did a quick test-install on my notebook on FC4 with zimbra and decided, to give it a better location on the server, so I (did not use -u) but simply uninstalled the rpms.

No, I noticed, that I cannot connect anymore to my local postfix and dovecot on 127.0.0.1 (whereas on eth0 it works). In fact: postfix and dovecot do NOT listen on localhost anymore.

What has been changed by zimbra?

Thanks for any help.

ndee
    Last edited by ndee; 09-29-2005 at 08:24 AM.

Default iptables

Quote Originally Posted by ndee
    Hi all,

just did a quick test-install on my notebook on FC4 with zimbra and decided, to give it a better location on the server, so I (did not use -u) but simply uninstalled the rpms.

No, I noticed, that I cannot connect anymore to my local postfix and dovecot on 127.0.0.1 (whereas on eth0 it works).

What has been changed by zimbra?

Thanks for any help.

ndee
    We're probably still forwarding port 25. If you still have it on the system, /opt/zimbra/bin/zmiptables -u will remove the mapping. If the script is not there, iptables -t nat -F will do the trick.

Default It helped!

Quote Originally Posted by marcmac
    We're probably still forwarding port 25. If you still have it on the system, /opt/zimbra/bin/zmiptables -u will remove the mapping. If the script is not there, iptables -t nat -F will do the trick.

Hi Marc,

thanks for the fast reply - the latter did the trick as after running install.sh -u (after removal of rpms ;-) ) the problems were still there.

This "trick" will go into my knowledgebase :-)

Default uninstall pb

I uninstalled Zimbra by removing the rpm's with Synaptic in FC4 because localhost and apache were not working anymore. Now I seem to have a new user ("alexxx") on my OS, and although I removed it from the users list, every time I boot I get a message to add "alexxx" to /etc/hosts. I don't want that. What has "alexxx" to do with Zimbra? I uninstalled apache, tried iptables -t nat -F, but nothing works.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by adini
    I uninstalled Zimbra by removing the rpm's with Synaptic in FC4 because localhost and apache were not working anymore. Now I seem to have a new user ("alexxx") on my OS, and although I removed it from the users list, every time I boot I get a message to add "alexxx" to /etc/hosts. I don't want that. What has "alexxx" to do with Zimbra? I uninstalled apache, tried iptables -t nat -F, but nothing works.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.
    Is "alexxx" your domain name? If not seems you've got some other problem as that's not related to Zimbra.