I seem to have a problem installing Zimbra that may or may not have anything to do with the fact that I'm installing it to VMWare virtual machine (e.x.p). Since VMWare has made it's GSX server free I have installed it on Fedora Core 4 and gone totally virtual.

After that I installed webmin and perl-Net-SSLeay for SSL connections.
I have found this to be a very good idea to include in all my servers.

Except for webmin and PearlSSL I followed the Zimbra Quick Start Quide to the letter.

Now comes the problem...

Installation goes fine untill...

I get a couple of "unable to write 'random state'" in the beginning but this is normal?!? I think.

then later comes this... cat /tmp/zmsetup.log.22904 | more

adding new entry "cn=text/calendar,cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

adding new entry "cn=all,cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra"

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException mail.nimet.info:389)
ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException mail.nimet.info:389)
** Importing server cert

zmprov [cmd] [args ...]

installation proceeds to complete but I only have some of the ports listening afterwards.

Ports 80, 443, 389, 7071 are not there. Gone, zip, nada.

[root@mail ~]# telnet mail.nimet.info 389
Trying 62.142.124.91...

lol

While copy pasting this I notice that DNS is providing the external IP address for mail.nimet.info

Of course it can't connect to NATed IP address because that has been denied in the firewall.

That just goes to show you always look at the DNS&Firewall first. ALWAYS.

Okeeyy...

I'll be back.

SamTzu