Thread: Anybody using Zimbra LDAP for other applications authentication?

Default Anybody using Zimbra LDAP for other applications authentication?

Hi All

I am in the process of designing some major projects for my company, which unfortunately has a long history of mergers and accusations resulting in no single directory for users. While there are plans in the works to get everyone in a directory (AD or OpenLDAP), it will take longer to do this than it will for us to implement Zimbra.

Since our Zimbra install will eventually service all 10K+ employees I would like to leverage it as a authentication source for other projects like Knowledge Tree and Openfire.

If you are, are you managing the directory from Zimbra or are you using other tools?

What issues have you found?

Would myself be interested in reusing Zimbra LDAP for other applications, more specifically SAMBA & internet authentication.

Can I also make a slave LDAP server with Zimbra LDAP as a master LDAP server ?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rsinfo View Post
    Would myself be interested in reusing Zimbra LDAP for other applications, more specifically SAMBA & internet authentication.
    UNIX and Windows Accounts in Zimbra LDAP and Zimbra Admin UI - Zimbra :: Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by rsinfo View Post
    Can I also make a slave LDAP server with Zimbra LDAP as a master LDAP server ?
    See the Multi-Server Installation Guide.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks a lot Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Percula View Post
    Hi All

I am in the process of designing some major projects for my company, which unfortunately has a long history of mergers and accusations resulting in no single directory for users. While there are plans in the works to get everyone in a directory (AD or OpenLDAP), it will take longer to do this than it will for us to implement Zimbra.

Since our Zimbra install will eventually service all 10K+ employees I would like to leverage it as a authentication source for other projects like Knowledge Tree and Openfire.

If you are, are you managing the directory from Zimbra or are you using other tools?

What issues have you found?
    We currently use our Zimbra LDAP for authentication for our Wildfire server and are working on a new website that will use Joomla which will allow the user to login using their Zimbra information. I just use Zimbra to manage the directory.

dj