Thread: MultiServer Installation

Hybrid View

Default MultiServer Installation

I have zimbra server running everything for 6 domains, 1 domain has moved to its own office and wants their own email server .... so ... my question is ::

Setting up second zimbra server (running all zimbra services) but still using the LDAP master I have currently and the new server being a read-only replica.... moving all their mail to their own store, URL, of course DNS for that domain will have MX records for the new server .... anyone doing, done, gotchas in doing?

Quote Originally Posted by skrewloose View Post
    of course DNS for that domain will have MX records for the new server
    Then an MTA as well if you're changing the MS record to there (& don't forget reverse DNS).
    Quote Originally Posted by skrewloose View Post
    outlook 2003 and connector 5.0.6 (was fine on 4.5.4)
    I would personally update to 5.0.7 first before using CLI zmmailboxmove Network Edition only - Zimbra :: Wiki
    Your version avoids a larger bug, but there's still these 2 in 5.0.6 solved in 5.0.7: Bug 28389 – Zmmailboxmove -t -a triggersBad file descriptor exception & Bug 29116 – mailboxmove fails for my account

Don't know if you're planning to name it off your current domain/what your naming convention is or if you even let them interact, but you can also setup a virtual hostname of webmail.example.com and configure mail.example.com (existing) to mail2.example.com (new).
    When users log on to webmail.example.com, the load balancer directs the user to any one of the mail servers to verify the log on information. After successfully logging on, users are redirected to the actual server their mail is stored on. While they are logged on, all subsequent requests go directly to their server.

In order to configure load balancing for ZCS:
    1. Each Zimbra servers must have a routeable address/name.
    2. You must configure the virtual hostname on the administration console.
    3. You must turn on the following localconfig setting on each mail server: zmlocalconfig -e zimbra_auth_always_send_refer=true

You also have to decide if you want to use IMAP and/or HTTP nginx proxy. But if they're totally separate you might not care

/docs/ne/latest/multi_server_install/toc.html

thanks, will start testing the upgrade.

And this will be basically two completely separate setups, I just want to share the LDAP/Administration piece of it.

did the upgrade to 5.0.7, installing clean 5.0.7 on separate server (all components) ... during the config, set the master ldap host to the existing, set all the passwords to match what is in ldap, set not to create domain (already exists in ldap) and not creating admin user.

I am getting the following in the zmsetup.log file during the checks against ldap ::
    Tue Jul 8 10:56:09 2008 *** Running as zimbra user: /opt/zimbra/bin/zmlicense -c
    Error: exception occurred: system failure: ZimbraLdapContext

I have an idea why, but can someone confirm.

The master server was setup with domain-one.com, initially, then four (4) other domains where added. This second server, I am setting up in domain-two.com (exists in ldap as one of the four added) and I believe the context is not found because of this.

So there is one master context under domain-one.com and with the second server looking for domain-two.com, the error arises, yes?

Same thing when using domain-one.com during setup.

thought the license info was received from the master ... initially do I have to place the license file on this host? That is the only config piece that is showing as UNSET (either .com I start configuring with).
    Last edited by skrewloose; 07-08-2008 at 08:40 AM.

getting error now :: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...ck-failed.html

and from seeing I had no backups for two nights before installing a ldap replica and a new store/mta server, I am starting to think it happened with the upgrade.