I know you all will probably hate me...but I CANNOT get this working. My intent was to setup a test zimbra install so that we could showcase it to faculty and staff and get their thoughts on things. We do not run our own DNS server, but use Zoneedit. The test server that we want zimbra to run on is test.example.edu. We've set test.example.edu as an mx record for example.edu (with ZoneEdit) and we can ping it from various workstations (ping test.example.edu) When I attempt to setup Zimbra I get,

*** CONFIGURATION COMPLETE - press 'a' to apply
Select from menu, or press 'a' to apply config (? - help) a
Save configuration data to a file? [Yes]
Save config in file: [/opt/zimbra/config.14212]
Saving config in /opt/zimbra/config.14212...Done
The system will be modified - continue? [No] Y
Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.log.14212
Adding test.davisny.edu to zimbraMailHostPool in default COS...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException test.davisny.edu:389)
ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException test.davisny.edu:389)
Done
Setting up zimbra crontab...Done

You have the option of notifying Zimbra of your installation.
This helps us to track the uptake of the Zimbra Collaboration Suite.
The only information that will be transmitted is:
The VERSION of zcs installed (3.0.0_GA_156_CentOS4)
The ADMIN EMAIL ADDRESS created (admin@test.davisny.edu)

Notify Zimbra of your installation? [Yes] n
Notification skipped
Starting servers...Done.

Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.log.14212

Configuration complete - press return to exit

------

The last entry in /tmp/zmsetup.log.14212 is:

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException test.davisny.edu:389)
Error: key trial_expiration_date is not set
Host test.davisny.edu

-----

I've searched the forums extensively. I've made sure /etc/hosts is configured correctly. I've looked at the wiki page for the getDirectContext error and done everything that it recommends, but still no dice.

I just noticed this,

[root@test data]# host test.davisny.edu
test.davisny.edu has address 192.168.0.8
[root@test data]# host 192.168.0.8
8.0.168.192.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer 66-194-51-29.gen.twtelecom.net.

Could this be the issue? If so, anyone have anything else to offer me in the way of help here? Thanks in advance.

-Calvin