Thread: vanished message

Default vanished message

my sys tray icon and my folder indicates i have one unread email, but there is no email to be found in the message area. I'm pretty sure it did appear at one time, but it does not now, probably because I deleted the message without reading it first. I realize if i right click on the inbox and "Mark as Read" it will clear the situation, however I was wondering if there was some way of actually seeing this message again before doing this. Most likely the message has been deleted but for some reason the folder and systray icon continue to show i have the unread message. I am wondering if I need to adjust some sort of account setting or something or if this is a small bug of some sort.
    Does anyone get what I am asking here? & if so, any help would be appreciated, thanx.....

p.s. I really enjoy having the ability to aggregate my web based email with this program, I have been looking for something like it for awhile and wish I would have stumbled across it sooner.....Very nice work, Thanks to those responsible

Have you tried re-indexing your mailbox? I haven't seen this particular issue, but lots of times re-indexing will solve weird quirks similar to that. You can re-index it through the admin console. You can open up your account and at the top there's a button for re-indexing the mailbox.

Another similar thing I've seen is Thunderbird will not cleanup drafts properly and in the web client it will show unread emails but list none. To fix that you go in to Thunderbird, right-click the Drafts folder and click Compact.

Also, welcome to the forums. We enjoy Zimbra too