I have a backup of a 5.06 /opt/zimbra directory that I tarred and unzipped on a new machine. It's exactly the same as the old machine. I know this issue has been covered extensively, but I simply cannot get over it. I have been searching the forums for the past several days and have tried installing and reinstalling many times.

I have the original tgz release of Zimbra that I installed fresh on the new system. It worked fine. I moved the /opt/zimbra from that install to a zimbra_506, then unzipped my old zimbra install into /opt/zimbra.

I then went through the installation program again. I get this:

Setting defaults from saved config in /opt/zimbra/.saveconfig/config.save
HOSTNAME=
LDAPHOST=
LDAPPORT=
SNMPTRAPHOST=
SMTPSOURCE=
SMTPDEST=
SNMPNOTIFY=0
SMTPNOTIFY=0
LDAPROOTPW=
LDAPZIMBRAPW=
LDAPPOSTPW=
LDAPREPPW=
LDAPAMAVISPW=
Restoring existing configuration file from /opt/zimbra/.saveconfig/config.save...done
Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.01001900-000012052672.log
ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
Setting defaults...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
done.
Setting defaults from existing config...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
done.
Checking for port conflicts
Starting ldap...failed with exit code 256.
Setting defaults from ldap...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
done.

I have tried all sorts of combinations of editing the config.save and manually changing the ldap urls and ldap address fields. It doesn't seem to read from whatever changes I make. I am totally out of ideas and would appreciate any advice. It seems like this should be a straightforward recovery.

Thanks,
David