Thread: New installation shows queue full of emails

Hybrid View

Question New installation shows queue full of emails

Hi Guys,

I just did a clean install (my second) of Debian then Zimbra, two problems maybe someone has some insight on.

1. Under 'Mail Queues' in the admin console there are two mta's (1 & 2) that look like they are filled with mail. The heading at the top of the window makes it look like the server name is "gregsolo.liquidsys.com" and "greg-d610.liquidsys.com" www.liquidsys.com takes me to Zimbra homepage.The destination domains are yahoo, gmail hotmail and usa.net. This is the second time from a clean install I have seen this occuring. Is this normal?

2. I too am suffering from the 'Status Data not Available' message in the Server Status. The last time the server was on for about 2 days with no update and this one has been on for a few hours.

This server is from the latest posted on SF.net, 197. I know when I tried 160 the server status pane was showing me the individual services and their staus and I don't remember seeing the postfix queue have anything in it....

Thanks Guys, -J
    Last edited by Verbunk; 03-12-2006 at 12:47 AM.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The 'mail Queue' page isn't functional, I guess it's only a demo of features to come - don't forget that this is a developer build you've installed.

I assumes you mean the Server Statistics page for 'no data'? That seems to be an ongoing problem with some people, including me. Have you followed some of the diagnostics in the forum posts? Do a foroum search and see if any on the info helps you. I don't know enoiugh about Zimbra to help you diagnose this problem but I'm sure one of the Zimbra guys will be along later to help you.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Gotcha, place holder. That should really come with a disclaimer "No, you have not been turned into a zombie bot for some spammer." heh.

I see more on the status, seems the gist is to wait for next release. No problem.

Thanks for your peply!

-J