Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installation problem: Out of memory?

gjnieuwenhuis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Ok seems the first error is it's trying to connect to LDAP. Have you ran install.sh -u to uninstall and then ran "ps -ef | grep zimbra" to verify all the zimbra processes are killed. After that try a clean install.sh and see what the install logs say.
    Hi Kevin,

I already tried reinstalling it 3 times on a clean FC4 system to no avail. Today I used FC3 which work like a charm. I'll do another test with Fc4 under the same conditions as FC3 (did it with a minmal install) to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Cheers,
    GJ.

gjnieuwenhuis Guest

Ok, redid the installation on both FC3 and FC4 with the same exact way of building the system and it will stall on FC4 while creating the database (seems to be stuck in a loop) and works fine on FC3 (database creation ends within a minute).

Did you add the symlinks on FC4 as pointed to in other posts?

Quote Originally Posted by gjnieuwenhuis
    Ok, redid the installation on both FC3 and FC4 with the same exact way of building the system and it will stall on FC4 while creating the database (seems to be stuck in a loop) and works fine on FC3 (database creation ends within a minute).
    For my case I had to wait for somewhile before the create DB step finished. I waited like >20min but I thought it was due to my humble hardware config.

I had to wait like >40 min in order to have everything setup finished. Then, when it started the zimbra, it failed. I did not have the log with me right now but I can re-edited later.

For the required symlink, I added it after the failed starting and I do not have the chance to tested zimbra again.